A Case of Overcoming the Difficulties by Collective Participation. The Process of solution to the Scheme on How Communitywide Service and Shared Resource from the Senior High School and Vocational School Can be Open to the Citizens. Chiu-Chin Huang ( 黃久晉 )
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The Process of solution to the Scheme on How Communitywide Service and Shared Resource from the Senior High School and Vocational School Can be Open to the Citizens
Chiu-Chin Huang (黃久晉)
Teacher Librarian, Feng-Hsin Senior High School
(1) To offer the community service involves the campus security.
(2) It is not easy to get back the books out on loan because those who borrowed books from the library may move or leave the community
(3) The library only can be open to the community on duty time because of the problems of manpower and funds.
The plan for the library’s being open to community and sharing resources
1. Aim: to strengthen the combination of school resources and community resources, to develop the library service in various respects, to lead all the people to bring about study atmosphere and to build a lifelong learning environment
2. Basis: the Central Office in the Ministry of Education
3. Service items: (Please consider various schools’ actual conditions to select a implementation)
(1) to read the books, newspaper, or magazines inside the library
(2) books out on loan under such conditions as holding the post of the volunteer, having credentials, deposit, or the teaching and administrative staff guarantees
(3) reference consultation and xerography service
(4) to hold seminar, community lectures and to form a study club for the parents or the community
(5) to exchange the good books with the community libraries
(6) electronic resources service
(7) to offer the service to subscribe the electronic newspaper
(8) to post bills of activities of arts and literature in the community
(9) the others besides the above
4. Service time: to be regulated by each school authority
5. Service object: senior high school and vocation school in the community, students’ parents, culturally influential people, society of superior achievement and community populace
6. Service method: direct service in the library, telephone consultation and website use
7. The service unit and personnel
(1) Books circulation: the present libraries and community volunteers
(2) Campus location maintenance: General Maintenance Office, Student Affairs Section
8. Book collection development: to develop the community characteristic and fill the community’s needs
9. The plan concerning campus security and library use are set up as part of school’s regulation.
10. The plan passes after the library board and is implemented when the principal agrees.
Table 1 to show whether the schools in the questionnaire have been open to community
open to the comunity
have been closed to the communityIV. Solving efficiency
Chart 1 the proportion chart of community service offered by various schools in the questionnaire
Table 2 statistics table about community service items
1. Manpower establishment insufficiency
2. Campus security consideration
3. Book collection insufficiency
4. Remote school position
5. Library reconstruction
6. Under construction after disaster