BR: Using Colons. Complete the notes and fill in the blanks using pages 676-678 in the blue grammar book. 1. The colon acts mainly as an _______. 2. Use a colon before a ___________ following an _________________. 3. Colons can also be used to introduce __________.
Complete the notes and fill in the blanks using pages 676-678 in the blue grammar book.
1. The colon acts mainly as an _______.
2. Use a colon before a ___________ following an _________________.
3. Colons can also be used to introduce __________.
4. The quotation should be _________ or __________ and should not contain “__________”expression.
5. Use a colon to introduce a sentence that _________ or _________ the sentence before it.
6. Use a colon to introduce a ________ appositive that follows an independent clause.
7. Special uses of colons include:
Create a three column chart: in the first column list the underlined vocabulary words. In the second column define it the best of your ability. In the third column list key words that lead to your inferred definition.
1. Bounded to his wheelchair, the two mile walk to school is nothing but a hindrance to Aaron.
2. My grandma would always cower under the stairs when thunderstorms would begin.
3. Ashley wince every time the nurse applied the pressure to her wounds.
Submit signed syllabus NO LATER THAN MONDAY. SOME OF YOU DID NOT TURN IN STUDENT EXPECTATIONS WORKSHEET, AND NEED THIS GRADE…
Vocabulary quiz: Thursday 8/22 (1st & 4th)/Friday (7th) 8/23
Bring index cards on Monday. Bring interactive reader all next week
Identifying and analyzing archetypes
Archetypes are universal patterns in all stories, cultures, and even dreams of people.
Term coined by Carl Jung
A plot pattern
Observe the picture for ten seconds and write in the far left column, which archetype the picture could represent!
Keep your answer to yourself!
The winner will receive a prize!
What about this one? Which archetype could this represent?
And the winner is! ______________________
For the remainder of class, finish your Sound of Thunder questions from yesterday. Completing part II and III will receive FULL CREDIT!
Copy the following chart and change the parts of speech for each vocabulary word.
Vocabulary quiz on Thursday (1st and 4th)/ Friday (7th)
Bring interactive reader every day!
Identify and understand parts of plot.
Bump it reading and analysis of “Harrison Bergeron”
Copy and complete the sentences below:
1. It remains our duty to do all we can to resolve conflict, confront_________________, reduce poverty and promote good governance.
2. Our technical assistant ________________ the promethean board so that the interactive pen could connect accurately with the screen.
3. Susie ______________________ in fear as the monster crept from under her bed.
4. Considering that Ashley is on crutches, the steep stairs in the high school are nothing but a ______________________ on Ashley’s ability to get to class on time.
5. The football field was bathed in a __________________ light as the players ventured onto the grass for their final game.