For each of the parents listed on the right, move the genes to work the - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

gitel
slide1 n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
For each of the parents listed on the right, move the genes to work the PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
For each of the parents listed on the right, move the genes to work the

play fullscreen
1 / 3
Download Presentation
For each of the parents listed on the right, move the genes to work the
83 Views
Download Presentation

For each of the parents listed on the right, move the genes to work the

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. D D d d d D D D D A heterozygous Parent and a homozygous Recessive parent d d d d d d D d 2. A homozygous dominant parents and a homozygous recessive parent. D D D 3. Two heterozygous parents. D D d d For each of the parents listed on the right, move the genes to work the Problem using the Punnett square. Check your answer using The next slide. Remember, that these answers are one possibility. Check with your teacher if you think you may have an answer that is correct

  2. Answers • Heterozygous parent: Dd; homozygous recessive parent: dd; Two squares would be Dd, and two would be dd. Therefore, there would be a 50% chance of Dd, and a 50% chance of dd. • Homozygous dominant parent: DD; homozygous recessive parent: dd; their children would all be Dd • Two heterozygous parents would both be Dd; their children – one square would have DD, one dd, and two Dd. Therefore, they would have a 25% chance of DD, a homozygous dominant child, 25% chance of dd, a homozygous recessive child, and a 50% chance of Dd, a heterzygous child.

  3. Instructions Click and drag each shape to a new location. To use this macro, delete all slides, insert a new blank slide and add objects. To make objects ‘draggable’ right click and select ACTION SETTINGS (or go to SLIDE SHOW -> ACTION SETTINGS). Macros must be enabled (TOLS -> OPTIONS ->SECURITY MACRO SECURITY – set to MEDIUM)