SYMMETRY. Reflectional Symmetry Rotational Symmetry. Examples of Reflectional/Rotational Symmetry. Courtesy of www.flickr.com. Questions `. 1) Identify all US states that have reflectional or rotational symmetry or both in their respective names
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1) Identify all US states that have reflectional or rotational symmetry or both in their respective names
2) Identify symmetries for each letter in the alphabet.
3) Find a name in this class that has either reflectional or rotational symmetry.
4) Create 5 words that have rotational symmetry.
5) Create 5 words that have reflectional symmetry.
6) Create 5 words that have both symmetries.
**Consider capital letters when writing word formations.**
1) Using the classical tools of geometry (compass and straightedge), construct a two-dimensional image for each type of rotational symmetry (orders 2 thru 8). You will need a protractor.
2) Find a real-world example for each type of rotational symmetry (orders 2 thru 8). (If using the Internet, list the URL address)
3) CHALLENGE: Using construction tools, produce at least 5 different three-dimensional images exhibiting rotational symmetry or reflectional symmetry or both. Images must be original!!!