2013-14 Amended Budget. East Grand Rapids Public Schools. Discussion Topics. Budget History – Where have we been, what have we done, where are we heading?. Proposed 2013-14 General Fund budget amendment - Review of June adoption, summary of changes since June. Future Years Budget Forecast
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
East Grand Rapids Public Schools
Budget History – Where have we been, what have we done, where are we heading?
Proposed 2013-14 General Fund budget amendment
- Review of June adoption, summary of changes since June
Future Years Budget Forecast
- Forecast assumptions, potential variances
Revenue & Expense Trends: What has driven our budget, what will drive our budget?
2014-15 General Fund Budget Development Process
Proposed 2013-14 Sinking Fund amendment and long range plan
Further retirement reform?
What will the legislature do?
* State Funding includes Federal Stimulus from 2008-09 to 2011-12
State Tax Collections:
- SAF $215 million ahead of May estimate as of October
- Does SAF growth continue?
- Improved job market in Michigan
- How is additional SAF money allocated?
- How is K-12 prioritized in budget process?
- Election year for Governor
- More MPSERS reform?
- Health and retirement costs under better control
- Based on all other factors, what salary/wage structure can be afforded?
Current StructuralDeficit per pupil: $108
2014-15 Cost Increases:
- Step Increase: $375,000
- 3% Health increase: $80,000
- Retirement: $185,000
- Total: $635,000
- Per Pupil Increase: $212
- Now until mid-February:
* Monitor budget assumptions
* Begin process after Governor’s budget proposal
- Collaborative Process:
* Involve administration, staff, community
- Future budget decisions will require tough decisions
about academic programs and significant
- Recommend that collaborative process review and
provide comment on potential solutions that have
been already thought through and priced
In the event there was no additional capital funds raised through a bond issue, district has a long range plan to maintain facilities with its sinking fund
10 year sinking fund millage expires in 2016 and will need to be renewed to continue funding
Major building needs over next several years are listed in ovals to right
Sinking fund not yet eligible for technology or bus purchases
Long term plan is sustainable and cover major items