welcome back n.
Skip this Video
Download Presentation
Welcome back

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 8

Welcome back - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

  • Uploaded on

Welcome back. 2013 - 2014. What is Accelerated Math III?.

I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about 'Welcome back' - gerodi

Download Now An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
welcome back

Welcome back

2013 - 2014

what is accelerated math iii
What is Accelerated Math III?
  • Accelerated Math III picks up where Accelerated Math II leaves off. We will review some of the most important topics from last year and then begin extending the statistics you learned last year and the move into an in-depth study of various functions including a detailed study of trigonometry.
  • The main goal of the course is to prepare students to take AP Calculus the following year, but you will find that the course will also be an excellent preparation for AP Statistics as well.
  • During this course the students are expected to begin to understand why the stuff learned in other classes works. This course is designed to encourage students to truly begin to think mathematically and analytically and to continue to develop their problem solving ability.
  • Tutorial: Daily until 4:25 unless I have a doctor’s appointment…but if no one is here I will leave unless I know you are coming.
  • Calculators: You are encouraged to purchase your own calculator so that you can work at home as well as get more comfortable with it; however we have a class set and no one will be penalized if they don’t have their own
more info
More info:
  • Wiki site: http://www.tinyurl.com/goldgar

This is where you will find copies of handouts, assignments, etc

  • Contact info:
    • Email: dean.goldgar@henry.k12.ga.us
    • Home phone: 770 679-4873…from 9 pm – 11 pm weeknights and noon-7 and 9-11 weekends – for tutorial only
    • Remind101: text @mrgoldg to 678-973-1522 for reminder notices from me…
  • Attendance and tardy policies of Luella will be enforced.
  • Cheating / plagiarism will result in a zero on the assignment, parent conference, and disciplinary referral.
  • No food or drink in the class please (we get bugs).
  • Cell phones: Any cell phone which rings or which is being used in any way without permission will be taken up and turned in to the administration at MY convenience.
  • MP3 players, game devices, etc. are not allowed
  • I expect each student to come to class with:
    • All materials (book, paper, calculator, pencil (not pen), etc
    • Homework / assignments which are due
    • Willingness to participate in all class activities
    • Desire, or at least willingness, to learn
    • The ability to treat each other with respect and courtesy
    • Clothing worn to comply with dress code
    • An open mind
grading policy
Grading Policy
  • Tests and Projects (summative assessments) 50%
  • Quizzes and other formative assessments 35%
  • Classwork, labs, and tasks 15%
  • Homework 0%
  • The above semester grade counts 80% of your overall grade; the final exam counts the other 20%
  • You will need to have a graphing calculator
  • Pencil – all math must be done in pencil!
  • Whatever type of notebook helps you keep organized – but you are expected to have your previous notes, homework, quizzes, tests , tasks, etc. in the notebook
  • Graph Paper