What the Business Officer Needs to Know about SACS. Presented by Gene Gooch McLennan C ommunity College TACCBO June 2012 T he information presented is authorized by SACSCOC www.sacscoc.org/staff/dbarrett/Finance%20Training%20Modules.pdf . The Role of SACSCOC
Presented by Gene Gooch
McLennan Community College
TACCBO June 2012
The information presented is authorized by SACSCOC
Requirements of the Principles of Accreditation
• Does the institution provide documentation that its institutional policies are board-approved, reviewed and updated regularly?
• Does the institution provide documentation that its Institutional procedures are implemented and followed?
• Does the institution provide documentation that its Institutional Committees meet on a regular basis and carry out their charges?
The institution has a sound financial base and demonstrated financial stability to support [its] mission and the scope of its programs and services.
The institution’s Quality Enhancement Plan
In conducting your analysis, you may want to consider questions such as the following:
• Has the institution developed a 5 year budget for the QEP?
• Has the institution allocated appropriate administrative oversight for the QEP?
• Has the institution realistically calculated the costs of implementing and conducting the QEP?
• Has the institution provided sufficient evidence that it has incorporated the QEP within its institutional planning and budgeting processes?
• Has the institution sufficiently identified the funding source(s) to implement and complete the QEP?
The institution has adequate physical resources to support the mission of the institution and the scope of its programs and services.
• Are physical resources adequate in quality, quantity and condition to meet the scope and purpose of programs?
• Do the physical resources demonstrate adequate maintenance and repair?
• Is there currently a capital campaign in place to raise funds for facilities?
• Does the institution have a policy regarding capital expansion, i.e. percentage of funds pledged or in hand prior to groundbreaking?
• How often is the Campus Master Plan updated?
• Is there a plan to address any deferred maintenance?
The institution takes reasonable steps to provide a healthy, safe, and secure environment for all members of the campus community.
An institution should provide a healthy, safe and secure environment for all campus constituents, not only to maintain quality of life issues, but also to reduce exposure to unnecessary liabilities.