LASFAA Fall Conference October 27, 2011. Presented By: Melanie Amrhein Executive Director. State Programs Update. TOPS GO Grant Early Start State Matching Funds Grant GA Functions LAConnect. TOPS Funding By State Fiscal Year as of 8/4/2011.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
October 27, 2011
State Matching Funds Grant
The 2011-12 data is current appropriation subject to change if a constitutional amendment passes in October 2011.
Increasing the gift percentage from <30 percent to 55-<60 percent corresponds to a 26 percentage point increase in the retention rate, while increasing the percentage of need met with gift aid from 55 to <60 percent to 70-<80 percent increases retention by only 4 points.
Adding the Go Grant alone increases the percentage of need met with gift aid by 14 percentage points and provides a 5.6 percentage point improvement in retention
All pairwise comparisons of means are significant except for retention rate between Pell+TOPS and Pell+GO+TOPS
* The simulation at 55% actually projected a two-year savings of $780,000
Max Pell + TOPS Max Pell
COA $ 15,499 $15,499
- EFC * $ 0 $ 0
= Financial Need $ 15,499 $15,499
=Remaining Need $ 5,671 $ 9,999
- Go Grant $ 0 $ 3,000 (54.8%)
Remaining Need $ 5,671 $ 6,999
55% of need = $8,524
Min Pell + TOPS Min Pell
COA $ 15,499 $15,499
- EFC * $ 5,273 $ 5,273
= Financial Need $ 10,226 $10,226
- Go Grant $ 800 (55%) $ 4,000 (50%)
Remaining Need $ 4,593 $ 5,671
55% of need = $5,624
As of August 4, 2011
$ in Millions
(1) The 2008-2009 data only includes state funding for the first half of the year and does not include the cost of the program for the second half of the year that was assumed by the participating colleges and universities.
(2) The 2011-12 Academic Year data shows the amount appropriated and projected to be expended for the year and the projected number of recipients.