A Great Partnership = Great Opportunities. AATH: Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor http://www.aath.org/index.html and Portland State University Graduate School of Education http://www.ceed.pdx.edu/ and Educational Explorations http://www.educationalexplorations.org.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
AATH: Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor http://www.aath.org/index.html
Portland State University Graduate School of Education
Exploring Strategies to make Teaching and Learning Fun
Picture printed with permission from Richard Wiseman, Quirkology
If we knew what it was we were doing,
it would not be called research, would it?
3) Promoting the mission of AATH and the opportunities to share research, resources and networking opportunities.
4) Supporting research practitioners by providing opportunities for them to teach, write and share their knowledge.
Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two,
5) Encouraging professional relationships and networking opportunities.
6) Providing volunteer opportunities for service in the AATH organization and in the field of therapeutic humor.
7) Interdisciplinary studies and international outreach.
When you become senile, you won't know it.
I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls.
They always say because it's such a beautiful animal.
There you go. I think my mother is attractive,
but I have photographs of her.
1. Collaborative learning environment: AATH members bring valued perspectives to the class. Participants will clarify, study about and discuss issues related to humor therapy and possible applications.
2. Research-Based Information: Access to current humor/laughter research and resources will be shared, reviewed and discussed.
3. Differentiated and Inquiry Based instruction: Participants will construct knowledge and build skills necessary to transform their own learning. Participants will think about how to apply these skills in their respective fields.
Everything is changing.
People are taking their comedians seriously
and the politicians as a joke.
4. Interdisciplinary Focus: Professional development will be enhanced by learning about theoretic applications in a variety of occupations including, but not limited to, the professional areas of medicine, health and wellness, business, education, mental health, spirituality, performance, writers , speakers, and trainers.
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
A fool and his money are soon elected.
Humor Academy 2: Application-Starts at 2011 conference
Humor Academy 3: Leadership- Starts at 2012 conference
These programs will have a similar format as Level 1