SHASTA COLLEGE TRANSFER CENTER. TAG: YOU’RE IN! (Transfer Admission Guarantee). Daniel Valdivia Transfer Center Coordinator Counselor. PARTICIPATING UNIVERSITIES.
Seven University of California (UC) campuses offer guaranteed transfer admission to students from all California Community Colleges (CCC). Interested students must meet campus-specific requirements to qualify for a UC TAG. By participating in a TAG program, you can ensure your admission to a specific UC campus, some of which offer an early review of your academic record, early admission notification (no later than November 15, 2013 for a fall 2014 TAG), and specific guidance on major preparation and general education coursework.
UCLA and UCB do not accept TAGs.
UCSD will not accept TAGs after Fall 2014 admissions
- Students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree, graduate degree, and/or
professional degree cannot participate in TAG.
- Students who have previously enrolled at a UC campus during a regular term (not
including summer session) cannot submit a TAG application to return to that campus.
TAGs that need to be reviewed by a CCC Counselor prior to UC review
- UC Davis
- UC Santa Cruz
- UC Irvine (optional)
If you are pursuing a TAG with one
of these schools be sure to
schedule an appointment with a
counselor before submitting your TAG
November 1st – 30th even if you complete a TAG.
Be prepared: The information found on the TAG application includes:
* Confirmation of completion sent via email (make sure to check your email often including junk folders)
* Notifications (approve/deny) will be sent to you via email. A few campuses provide Early Notifications and Pre-Evaluation of coursework.
2014 – UCD, UCM, UCSC.
* Early Notifications occur mid-November. All other campuses notify and evaluate in the spring, around April.
* Indicate your participation in the TAG program on your UC application by the November 30th deadline. For campuses that provide Early Notifications select your participation only if you have an approved TAG.
* All participating UC campuses have a fall
quarter TAG only, with the exception of UC
Merced which offers a Spring TAG for Spring 2014.
* Minimum UC transferable units completed to submit a
a TAG is 30 semester.
* Minimum UC transferrable units required to fulfill a
TAG is 60 semester.
* Some campuses require English Composition and
Transfer math to be completed by Fall 2013.
* Deadline to complete all other TAG qualifications is by end of Spring 2014.
* IGETC completion is not required for TAG eligibility,
with the exception of UC San Diego.
* There are unit limits if you have college credit
from a 4-year school and also community
Fall 2014 TAGs
Fall 2014 TAGs
3.0 – 3.1 UC Transferrable GPA (dependant upon major)
2.8 – 3.0 UC Transferrable GPA (dependant upon major)
3.2 – 3.3 UC Transferrable GPA (dependant upon major)
3.4 UC Transferrable GPA
3.0 UC Transferrable GPA
3.2 – 3.4 UC Transferrable GPA (dependant upon major)
3.5 UC Transferrable GPA
2. Check out the UC TAG website for specific TAG requirements.
5. Schedule an appointment with a counselor in September before you submit your TAG to ensure that your application is completed correctly.
To schedule an appointment to see your counselor