El Subjuntivo con Deseo. The subjunctive to express hopes and wishes!. You already know how to use the subjunctive with impersonal expressions (It’s good that). You also use the subjunctive to express a HOPE or a WISH, such as when you want someone else to do something .
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Ex: My teacher wants me to study. A lot of times in English we say we want someone
“to do” something, but what we are really saying is that
we want that the person does something. In English, this sentence should read:
My teacher wants that I study.
(he knows what he wants….
but he is not sure whether I will actually study.
So you can’t use “ESTUDIO” because that’s definite.
The word “estudie” opens up the possibility of doubt or uncertainty because someone else wants you to do something)
El recepcionista sugiere que …
Isabel visite el Prado.
1. The man needs my brother to work tomorrow (Does the man need my brother? NO! He needs THAT HE WORK)
2.The children want to eat: Is this sentence subjunctive?
3. The children want their grandmom to eat the cake.
4. I insist that you answer the phone! ___________________________________________________________________
5. We prefer for you to take the pills now. ___________________________________________________________________
6. My parents want my cousins to come to our house. ___________________________________________________________________
7. I wish for you to have a very happy birthday! ___________________________________________________________________
8. My parents want us to vacuum the room. (think about what you are really saying) ___________________________________________________________________
9. The teachers want us to get good grades. ___________________________________________________________________
10. I hope that you are prepared! ___________________________________________________________________
11. We hope that you can attend (asistir)! ___________________________________________________________________
(I hope thereis time = Espero que haya tiempo)
2. We want you guys to give us a good grade!
3. They want us to go to the movies later.
5. I hope that they go to the doctor soon.
6.He wants us to know the truth.
7. I suggest that you be blonde.