Question of the Day. Question: Give the RNA sequence made from the DNA sequence ATGCTAGCT. . UACGAUCGA. 1’s Turn in: p. 353 A.Q. 1ab, 2b. Nucleus. RNA. DNA. Central Dogma of Molecular Biology:. DNA R NA Protein. Part 1: Transcription.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Question: Give the RNA sequence made from the DNA sequence ATGCTAGCT.
1’s Turn in:
p. 353 A.Q. 1ab, 2b
When school is over, I am going to
hang out with my friends.
1. mRNA (messenger) carries code to cytoplasm
2. mRNA is read 3 nucleotides at a time (1 codon)
Codon = 3 nucleotides
3. 1 codon codes for 1 amino acid, which istransferred by tRNA
4. Anticodon part of tRNA must complement mRNA codon
Ex: AUG codon (mRNA) & UAC anticodon (tRNA)
5. Amino acids linked together by a ribosome to make a polypeptide
6. Polypeptide is folded into a protein
(no amino acid)