Information for Participants.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Carnival Organising CommitteeWhat happens at Maccabi WA Junior Carnival?Social and Entertainment Sports- Outdoor / Indoor Age GroupsRegistrationBilleting Community DayShabbat Code of ConductSecurityHealth/ MedicalSocial MediaState specific information VIC Team Management Pricing VIC Participants Uniforms
Carnival Joint Managers Karen Steinberg/Howard Steinberg
Maccabi WA Representative
Outdoor sports will be played from 9.00 am
• The starting time will be a little later this year so participants may sleep in if they wish.
Lunch Break - Midday
• At midday there is a lunch break where all the participants will come to the Gordon Bloomfield Hall undercroft to buy or eat their lunch. They have a choice of going to the ‘Chill out Wi-Fi Zone’ to lounge around on bean bags in the air conditioned hall, sit undercover outside and listen to music, or go into the Gym for a quick game of Table Tennis or Badminton.
• At 1pm buses will leave the car park to take participants to their afternoon sports, all of which will be played indoors due to the Perth heat.
Indoor sports will be played from 2pm
• Home time to relax, eat and freshen up
• Evening Social Function
All Sports and Social events are compulsory unless VIC Management have been advised and given approval.
Here’s a sneak peak!!
Participants will select 3 sports from each section; morning and afternoon.
Morning Sport Sessions – mainly Outdoors
Choose 3 of the sports below
Tennis & Table Tennis (girls)
Softball (mixed girls and boys)
Volleyball (mixed girls and boys)
Tennis & Table Tennis (boys)
Touch Rugby (boys)
Afternoon Sport Sessions - Indoors
Choose 3 of the sports below
Indoor Beach Volleyball (mixed: girls and boys)
Badminton (mixed: girls and boys)
Futsal (Indoor soccer) (boys)
Indoor cricket (Boys)
Zumba and Dance Aerobics also available for the girls !!!
• Age groups will be determined once registrations have been completed and we see how many from each year have registered. In most cases, participants will be competing with others in the same year as them at school. Some years may be combined depending on numbers.
• The minimum age for registration is 11.5 years of age as at 15 January 2013 for WA participants and 12 years of age for every other State.
• The maximum age for registration is 16 years and 11 months as at 15 January 2013.
Once the participant’s My Macc account is created you will be directed to the registration form and payment section. You will require:
Billeting is one of the highlights of Junior Carnival – meeting new friends, getting to know them and literally “living” together for a week.
Every participant from WA is asked to host at least two billets. Depending upon the numbers from interstate some people may miss out on a billet or some families may be asked to take multiple billets, if required. Under special circumstances , the two billet rule may be waived.
If you already know someone from Perth you would like to be billeted with, it is important that both you and the WA participant have this clearly marked on the application form to ensure this is organised. Confirmation from the host parent (and not the host participant) is required for the Registration Form.
Billeting will be worked out on the following priority:
- Shomer Shabbat - Glatt Kosher - Kosher -
- Allergies - Gender - Age Group
- Sport Choices
Families will be notified a few days before the start of carnival as to who their host is. This will give you time to make contact with them, to thank them and to discuss any important issues, if any, relating to your child .
Community Day has proven to be a most worthwhile cause and something that participants feels really good about doing.
Plans are underway to make the Community Day interesting, beneficial and to provide each Carnival attendee with a sense of “contributing back”.
Community Day is on the Friday of the Carnival and it is expected that every Carnival participant is actively involved and participates in Community Day.
Shabbat services at any of the Perth Synagogues is compulsory for all carnival participants. Team Management will be at all venues to take note of all attendees.
Team Uniform must be worn at Synagogue.
The Code Of Conduct must be accepted by every participant upon registration.
It covers items including:
Serious offences will result in participants being removed from carnival with no refund
The security and health of all our participants during carnival is our number one priority. Security will be provided at all venues by CSG.
It is imperative that:
No ID No entry
2. Hosts must drop and collect all participants to and from the door of each sport and social event
No parent drop off No participation
3. No participants are to walk to or from ANY event.
No parent to collect – they will be called and the participants will wait until collected
4. No participants and their billets are to catch any public transport, taxis or accept rides from unauthorised persons for the duration of carnival.
It is imperative that:
1. All medical conditions are declared on the registration forms- all of this information is strictly confidential.
2. Emergency contact information is current and up to date.
The preferred Medical practice for carnival is
Fitzgerald Medical Centre 435 Fitzgerald St North Perth. Phone 9228 8173 and
APS Physiotherapy 437 Fitzgerald St North Perth. Phone 9227 7117
In an emergency we will call 000
Carnival 2014 Facebook page:
Instagram account coming soon
There will be lots of competitions, chances to tag yourself and your friends and lots of cool prizes to be won .......
so keep an eye out for these and pass the word on
Team VIC Management are responsible for your children at all times during carnival.
Team Manager – David Michelson
Assistant Team Manager – Natalie Altman & David Zivin
Youth Leaders –Daniel Halprin, Emma Kaye, Alexandra Lehrer & Ryan White
Uniform package includes: 2 x Sports polo top, 1 x Sports shorts, 1 x Travel t-shirt ,cap and water bottle.
All Team VIC participants are required to wear the team sports polo shirt and shorts at:
uniform shirt must be worn with
appropriate skirt/ pants)
Uniform must not be altered in any way- No uniform No participating
Thank you for taking the time to read this information pack. Should you have any more questions please email your Team Manager
Please visit our website to register
CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU AT CARNIVAL 2014!