Practicing Soft Skills. An Approach at VCC June 25th, SITE BC. Soft Skills from an IEP Perspective. From a Lionel Laroche lecture sponsored by the Waterloo Regional Immigrant Employment Network (WRIEN) What is Lionel’s advice on soft skills versus technical skills?. An Approach at VCC.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
(Based on the work of F. Ishu Ishiyama and Marvin J. Westwood)
- Small Talk
- “Hey Miriam”
- (looks up at her,) “Do you have a few minutes?“
- “I’m in a rush, and I need 10 copies of these documents”
- “Can you help me out? ”
- “Ummm (makes a ‘sheepish face’) …actually…..
- “ If you wouldn’t mind. I’d really appreciate it.”
- “Thanks, Miriam…I owe you one!” (starts to turn)
- “ I’ll be back in a jiffy” (completes turn with smile and hand outstretched)
A – Attend/Approach
B - Bridge
C - Comment
D - Develop
E - End
- coaching by the instructor, role rehearsal, videotaping