Focus Group Discussion forMFIs Conducted by the Asian Institute of Journalism And Communication
Objectives • Identify perceived role of MFIs in rural electrification • Identify information needs of MFI’s participation in rural power project • Identify messages, communication channels and strategies to best reach MFIs • Generate suggestions from MFIs to mobilize unelectrified community to participate in rural power project in terms of communication channels and messages
FGD Guidelines • You are free to express your views and opinions on the topics. • There are no right or wrong answers. • You may disagree with one another. • You may be allowed to raise question(s) to fellow participants.
FGD Guidelines • Proceedings are being taped for recall purposes only. • Participants who shared a particular opinion and/or raised an issue or concern will not be identified in the report.
1. How do you define your role in rural power/rural electrification?
2. What are possible resistance points for MFIs engaging in rural power/electrification?
4. At present, what are your sources of information regarding rural power/electrification?
3. What (additional) information do you need to be able to participate in rural power project?
5. What are your preferred sources of information? Preferred communication channels?
6. Considering your role in rural power, who are your target audiences? In your view, what are the information needs of each target audience?
7. What are the best communication channels/strategies to use in reaching your intended/target audience?