Depression in Dementia A DVD-Based Curriculum. Improve recognition and management of depression co-occurring with dementia in nursing home residents. . Goal of the Curriculum. Audience. Primarily long-term care nurses (LPNs and RNs) Examples of others who will benefit Social workers
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Goal of the Curriculum
Benefits of using this DVD in your facility
- have the highest care requirements
- have the highest rates of hospitalization - have the greatest number of co-morbidities
Depression in residents with dementia is associated with
“Consensus Statement on Improving the Quality of Mental Health Care in US Nursing Homes”
American Geriatrics Society and American
Association for Geriatric Psychiatry (2003)
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services reports:
(1) Recognize depression in residents with dementia;
(2) Manage depression in dementia; and
(3) Communicate effectively regarding depression in dementia.
Manage Depression in Dementia
Communicate Effectively re: Depression in Dementia