Streptococci. Colonial morphology Microscopic appearance Lancefield grouping - How to distinguish between Streptococci. Streptococci. Streptococcus pneumoniae. Streptococcus pneumoniae.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- How to distinguish between
- On Blood Agar: small 0.5 – 1 mm in diameter colourless colonies, dry, shiny or mucoid beta haemolytic colonies.
- CAMP factor is an extracelluar diffusible protein produced by S.agalactiae
- This protein interacts with the staphylococcal beta-lysin on sheep blood agar producing enhanced haemolysis.
- arrow-head shaped area of haemolysis where the staphylococcal organism meets the test organism.