Joint Action Group for Operational Community Modeling. Fall COPC 2008 AFWA, Omaha, NB 13 November 2008. Dr. Nelson Seaman JAG/OCM Chair. Overview. JAG/OCM membership (review) Status of initiatives 1. COPC AI 2008-1.8: Plan way forward to implement IEMCO for limited-area NWP.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Operational Community Modeling
Fall COPC 2008
AFWA, Omaha, NB
13 November 2008
Dr. Nelson Seaman
*Term ends Feb. 2009
- Changes in JAG membership since last COPC meeting shown in blue.
- Decision Requested
- Recommendation: Close this A.I.
Open new A.I. for next steps.
(Detail from Spring 2008 COPC, JAG/OCM slide 17)
NCEP use FNMOC’s COAMPS
Goals: - Maximize useful information for OPCs.
- Minimize investment of personnel time until
course of action is approved.
for mutual backup and ensemble development
- Options -
* Proposal is for discussion purposes only.
- Decision Requested
- Recommendation: Close the A.I.
to the NWP Research Community
Decision 1: AI 2008-1.8 Recommend closure of AI 2008-1.8,
open new AI (see below):
– No further JAG action on NCEP N. American domain.
– NWS: First, decide priority and assign implementation responsibility
for Guam/Marianas products based on FNMOC WestPac
COAMPS. (No JAG action.)
– JAG: Prepare implementation plan for delivery of WestPAC COAMPS
as per NWS requirements.
– JAG: Plan alignment of 3 OCONUS windows (~15-18 km) providing
limited backup capability.
– COPC: Decide whether to pursue enhanced backup capability.
– AFWA and FNMOC: Create “joint design team” for experimental
WestPac ensemble. (Issues: Resolution, member
selection, computing, products, comms, FTE estimate,
T&E requirements, milestones, timetable)
Relationship between JAGs and design team TBD. (CSAB?)
Decision 2: AI 2008-1.9 Recommend closure.