ict standardization challenges in viet nam n.
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
ICT Standardization Challenges in Viet Nam PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
ICT Standardization Challenges in Viet Nam

Loading in 2 Seconds...

  share
play fullscreen
1 / 17
Download Presentation

ICT Standardization Challenges in Viet Nam - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

erich-francis
98 Views
Download Presentation

ICT Standardization Challenges in Viet Nam

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript

  1. ITU Workshop on “Bridging the Standardization Gap”(Vientiane, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, 30-31 July 2012) ICT Standardization Challengesin Viet Nam Le Duc Cuong, Official of Vietnam Telecommunications Authority - VNTA, Ministry of Information and Communications, Vietnam - MIC Email: ldcuong@mic.gov.vn

  2. ICT development challengesin Viet Nam CONTENT • Current Situation of ICT Development in Viet Nam • Standardization Challenges • Solutions to Address Standardization Challenges

  3. PARTI. Current Situation of ICT Development in Viet Nam a) Policy Making and Regulation

  4. Policy Making and Regulation Organizational structure of ICT policy and regulatory body in Viet Nam

  5. Policy Making and Regulation (cont’) Organizational structure of VNTA

  6. PARTI. Current Situation of ICT Development in Viet Nam b) Market Development

  7. Market Development • Fixed telephone • 10.2 million subscribers in 2012 (in downtrend, decreased 4 million from 2010 and 7 million from 2009) • Total revenue: 361 million Dollars

  8. Market Development (cont’) 12% 46% 42% • Mobile telephone: • Up to 127 million mobile subscribers with total revenue is 5.4 bil USD. • The three network giants: Viettel mobile (the largest with 46%), VinaPhone, Mobifone (total 42%) are account for 88% mobile market. • VietnamMobile, Sfone and Gtel Mobile on the rest 12%.

  9. Market Development (cont’) • Other statistics: • Total ICT revenue: 7 bil $ • Total subscribers on both mobile and fix phone is 132 millions. • Internet users: • Total is 30.5 million • Increase from 27 million in 2010 • 261.000 .vn domain registered. • 7 computers per 100 inhabitants. • 35 Internet users per 100 habitants. • 35 Internet users per 100 habitants.

  10. Market Development (cont’) Competition model • Price • QUALITY OF NETWORK AND SERVICES • Need standards and QoS regulation • TRENDS IN TELECOMS MARKET:: Vientiane, Laos People’s Democratic Republic, 30-31 July 2012

  11. PARTI. Current Situation of ICT Development in Viet Nam c) Standardization

  12. Standardization (cont’) • Standard Systems: • National technical standards: voluntary (56) • National technical regulations: compulsory (62) • Technical Standards/Regulations on • Products: 12 Standards, 1 Regulations • Equipment : 19 Standards, 48 Regulations • Networks, Systems: 17 Standards, 10 Regulations • Services: 8 Standards, 3 Regulations Vientiane, Laos People’s Democratic Republic, 30-31 July 2012

  13. PARTII. Standardization Challenges in Viet Nam

  14. Standardization Challenges • Challenges: • There is not any forum on telecom in the order to combine standards from different operators before submitting to regulator to issue technical regulation. • Lack of some important standards on safety: EMC, EME, SAR.... • Standards and technical regulation have not been updated regularly. • Capacity of laboratories in Vietnam have not meet requirements for measurements. • There is not specialized technical experts on drafting standards. Vientiane, Laos People’s Democratic Republic, 30-31 July 2012

  15. PARTIII. Solution to Address Standardization Challenges

  16. Solution to Address Standardization Challenges • Solution: • Establishments of telecom forum for operators to combine basic standards to be applied. • It is necessary to have mechanism between forum and regulator in the order to transform standards to technical regulation. • Study, increase additional important standard on safety. • Construction of world standard laboratories. • Update regularly standards and technical regulations. • Increase additional technical experts who have experiences to draft technical standards. Vientiane, Laos People’s Democratic Republic, 30-31 July 2012

  17. Thank you!ldcuong@mic.gov.vn.