Hunter Responsibility. By:Amanda Porter and John Utecht. Provided by Dr. James Corbett, Lowndes Co. High School GA Ag Ed Curriculum Office To accompany Georgia Agriculture Education Curriculum Lesson 03411-9 July 2001. Objectives.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
By:Amanda Porter and John Utecht
Provided by Dr. James Corbett, Lowndes Co. High School
GA Ag Ed Curriculum Office
To accompany Georgia Agriculture Education Curriculum Lesson 03411-9
*compiled by the National Rifle Association.
1.Define hunter’s responsibility.
Hunter’s responsibility means practicing safe, knowledgeable behavior.
2. What are four of the basic responsibilities of a hunter?
Responsibility to obey game laws,to the landowner, to the land, to the game.
3. The National Rifle Association lists six rules which make up a hunter’s code. Name their concepts.
1. I will consider myself an invited guest of the landowner, seeking his permission and so conducting myself that I maybe welcome in the future.
2. I will obey the rules of safe firearm handling and courteously but firmly insist that others who hunt with me do the same.
4. Explain why hunting is a privilege, not a right.
Owners of private land do not have to give you permission to hunt on their land in Georgia.
5. Name the five different stages of a hunter and explain the major characteristics of each stage.
Shooter stage- Missing game in this stage means little to the hunters, may be a dangerous hunting partner; limiting out stage-Measuring success through the killing of game and the number of birds or animals shot is more important; trophy stage-Shooting opportunity and skills become more important; method stage- Hunting has become one of the most important things in his life; sportsman stage- Satisfaction now can be found in the total hunting experience.
6. Responsible and courteous hunters respect which three rights of a landowner?
Privacy,security, and safety.
7. Why is it important to preserve positive opinion and change negative opinion about hunting?
So that the generations to come will be able to hunt.