HAPPY SAINT VALENTINE`S DAY. «Один из трех». 1. St. Valentine's Day is a celebration of love and ... (understanding, romance, independence) 2. The students decided to have a large party dedicated to St. Valentine's Day. It was a wonderful ... (decoration, celebration, situation)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. St. Valentine's Day is a celebration of love and ...
(understanding, romance, independence)
2. The students decided to have a large party dedicated to St. Valentine's Day. It was a wonderful ...
(decoration, celebration, situation)
3. Many people call the people they love ...
(romance, sweetheart, headache)
4. A young man got married. Now he is a ...
(scout, parent, husband)
5. Romeo and Juliet fall in love with each other but their parents didn't. They had a secret...
(weapon, file, date)
6. On the classroom wall there are holiday ...
(celebrations, decorations, festivals)
7. Valentine cards have messages of...
(help, affection, protection)
8. A young girl got married. Now she is a ...
(wife, witch, wolf)
9. On St. Valentine's Day people share feelings of affection with family, friends and ...
(flowers, companions, animals)
St. Valentine's Day as a lovers` festival dates at least from the 14th century. Generations of young (and not very young) people have regarded St. Valentine as the friend and patron of those who are in love. However, St. Valentine is rather a mysterious figure. In Ancient Rome there weretwo martyrs of that name. One of them was a priest who perished in 269 AD, the other was a bishop who was executed in 273 AD. It is said that before the execution he sent a note of friendship to his jailer's blind daughter and signed it “Your Valentine". It is not clear, unfortunately, which of the two is really the lovers` saint. The fewknown facts of their lives are so interwoven with undocumented traditions that is impossible to separate fact from legend.
1.When do they celebrate St. Valentine's Day?
2. Who wrote the first Valentine card?
3. How do people celebrate this day?
4. In Ancient Rome there were two martyrs of named Valentine. Is it clear which of the two is really the lovers` saint?
5. Where are Charles, Duke’s of Orleans 'valentines' kept now?
6. When did King Henry VIII officially recognize St Valentine's Day?
7. How did the early valentines look like?
8. What did the first 'Valentine Encyclopedia' contain?
9. When did they start mass-production of ready-made cards?
10.What kind of valentines do young people often use nowadays?
Will you be my Valentine?
I love you.
Love you with all my heart.
Kiss on the lips.
Lots of love.
Hugs and kisses.
A dozen roses.
Saint Valentine’s Day
Чернухина Валентина Петровна, классный руководитель и
учитель английского языка
МБОУ СОШ № 21 города Ставрополя