1. To develop, promote physical, mental, intellectual and physical aspects emotional and social parties.
2. To develop mechanisms to promote the movement of the body (motor skills) to work in coordination as well as hands, feet, eyes to move properly.
3. As recreational activities for vacationers. Relieve tension. To players and spectators
4. To exercise decision-making. The idea is to solve the problem. And concentration.
5. To exercise the spirit of sportsmanship is not about winning and about forgiveness.
7. Used as a lead in learning activities and teaching physical education.
8. A player who has the ability to make themselves known to the family and the nation.
The game seems to be most common. Is to play half-court game by using only half the field.
There are principal basketball sports with variations on basketball including Wheelchair basketball, Water basketball, Beach basketball, Slam ball, Street ball and Unicycle basketball