Business Policy & Strategy Chapter Seven Marketing Murdick, Moor, Babson & Tomlinson, Sixth Edition, 2000 Marketing Concept Concern of every area of the business Foundation for overall strategy and policies of the business Customer-oriented business approach
Murdick, Moor, Babson & Tomlinson, Sixth Edition, 2000
An organization’s existence depends on satisfying the customer.
• Analysis used to develop corporate strategy
• Short term (now-next year) provides info on:
• Long term provides info on:
• Key to successful promotion involves stressing benefits.
• Price varies due to
public relations authors signing books
trade fairs coupons
1) Concentration of consumers
2) Extent of demonstration required
3) Customizing to consumers’ needs
4) Degree of benefits offered
5) Complexity of technique
6) Funds available
Market Category Policy
Customer Relations Policy
Advertising PolicyThe policies must be examined relative to strategic marketing plans of the company.