Chapter 5 Review. 2013. 1 . The two major components of the integument are: A. The cutaneous membrane and the accessory structures B. The epidermis and the hypodermis C. The hair and the nails D. The dermis and the subcutaneous layer.
2. The fibrous protein that forms the basic structural component of hair and nails is
4. All of the following are accessory structures of the integumentary system except
5. Sweat glands that communicate with hair follicles in the armpits and produce an odorous secretion are
6. The reason older persons are more sensitive to sun exposure and more likely to get sunburned is that with age
7. In the elderly,, blood supply to the dermis is reduced and sweat glands are less active. This combination of factors would most affect
What is the structure at #1?
What is the structure at #2?
B. Sebaceous gland
What is the structure at #3?
What is the layer at #4?
What is the structure at #5?
20. A small amount of ultraviolet radiation is beneficial because it____?