The IT Service Blog Presents. ITIL Version 3 Perspectives. TM. Note: This Presentation Material is based on the thoughts and observations of the IT Service Blog and is not associated or approved by the OGC.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The IT Service Blog
ITIL Version 3
Note: This Presentation Material is based on the thoughts and observations
of the IT Service Blog and is not associated or approved by the OGC.
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark, and a Registered Community Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce,
and is Registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Visit the Official ITIL site at http://www.itil.co.uk
Important Notes About This Slide Deck- This slide deck is based solely on the thoughts and observationsof The IT Service Blog, based on an original Webcast viewing, first broadcast on CIOSearch.com- Sharon Taylor (Chief ITIL V3 Architect) delivered the Webcast- CIOSearch.com hosted the Webcast- Frontrange solutions sponsored the Webcast, but haveno affiliation to the OGC- The full Webcast can be downloaded here- We recommend that you view this slide deck FIRST
Support for market sector
- IT Alignment with the business
- Explores Service Models and Business Catalysts
- Defines Service Management Value Propositions
- Defines Service Management Strategies
- More of a focus on Service Process Design, Introductionand Operation- Return on Investment Measurement
* Priorities that the public and companies wanted to see
* Improvements to how you can create a value proposition and demonstrate the ROI of ITIL were top priority
- Key => Centred on business Value- Linkages to other best practices e.g. Six Sigma- Will help organizations align their current investment in Six Sigma to ITIL, for example- ITIL V3 will use scorecards and Deming cycle (it’s built in)
Q&A Segment (Summary of Questions put to Sharon)- “When is the new version going to be released?” - Begins in September 2006 with the 5 new CORE volumes - Service Design, Introduction, Operations, Improvements, Strategy - Authoring underway now by authoring teams - Complementary publications will follow
- “What will be the cost of the books?” - Not expecting any significant changes from today’s core - Some material will be re-used from the library, especially Service Support and Service Delivery- “What will be the likely changes to certification?” - Many people are asking this question (of Sharon) - Today’s certification is still valid, but the certification scheme is changing - EXIN and ISEB exams institutes are on the V3 project board and they are working on a new certification scheme, which will be released after a suitable ‘lag time’ – possibly 6-12 months after the release of the books
Q&A Segment (Summary of Questions put to Sharon)- “What will be the impact/implications to current ITIL ‘shops’?” - Minimal. This is purposely so. - Some of the process elements will shift into the new core texts - e.g. Planning should be considered in Service Design and Service Introduction - “Not turning the world on it’s ear” (Sharon) - “Positive Impact” (Sharon)- “How will the new ITIL materials be available?” - New Topic Guides - Books, CD-ROM, Free Downloads (Case Studies, Glossary, Integrated Process Maps) - Audio Books are a possibility, time depending- “Do you expect monthly or quarterly updates to the complementary publications?” - These will be updated much more frequently - Looking at establishing a group to manage templates, white papers etc - Rapid turnaround in this area
- “When will there be an holistic process landscape for CMM and ITIL?” - Formal mapping between these processes is underway (via OGC) - CoBIT is already done - Other frameworks and methods will be considered, there is an interest
Q&A Segment (Summary of Questions put to Sharon)- “Are early draft templates available to enable early alignment?” - V3 work has representatives from around the world (ITIL Advisory Group) - So, it’s not being created in isolation - “A Litmus Test” is going on all the time with this group (Vendors too) - In the next 3-4 weeks the public report on scoping will be available to the public via www.itil.co.uk website highlighting the forthcoming changes - This will be very useful for helping organizations re-align- “Will the complementary ITIL Guides be broken down into how a different Sized Organization can best implement and practice ITIL?” - Yes, the current “Implementing ITIL in small organizations” will be re-written and integrated into the new texts - ITIL will remain owned by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC)- ITIL is not being ‘sold’
- The forthcoming improvements have been done in a very open and consultative forum.
Four Great Reasons…
Visit us now:- www.ITServiceBlog.com
Don’t forget to claim
20 Hot ITIL™
Click > HERE
 You can subscribe
to the feed quickly!
 You can access
the latest tools,
 Fresh and interesting
content written by a
qualified and experienced
 We link out – so
you can learn even more,