In 1616 Marie de Merdici decided to combine the Tuileries Garden with the avenue of trees to make what is now The Champs-Élysées. • In 1667 Louis XIV with the help of architect André Le Nôtre, the street was landscaped and turned into The Grand Cours and then later to the Champs-Élysées.
The Palace de la Concorde is at the east end of the avenue and the Arc de Triomphe is on the west end.
The Champs-Élysées has been around for many years. This is the avenue from the Place de la Concorde in 1890 • On August 26th, 1944 the Free French 2nd Armored Division marches down the avenue to celebrate the Liberation of Paris.
Each year the Tour de France ends on The Champs-Élysées. • Over the years, the avenue has become more and more American. There are many American stores, including Sephora. Also, there are mainly tourists walking the streets and not many locals.
The Palace de la Concorde’s Ferris Wheel is very beautiful during the Festival of Lights.
VIDEOS http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OAMuNfs89yE http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rKrTV9E7Hak