Requirements II: Task Analysis. Objectives. By the end of the class, you will be able to… Write detailed task descriptions to inform design. Create scenarios to demonstrate example uses of a system. Perform hierarchical task analysis. Some tasks. Enter meeting details into a paper calendar
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
By the end of the class, you will be able to…
Christina is at the park with 3 friends. They’ve decided to go out for dinner. Christina uses her mobile device to search for a Japanese restaurant within walking distance (1 km), that will cost less than $15 per person. The system tells her that space is available. She then makes an online reservation for 6 pm.
“Joe enters all the names of the meeting participants together with some constraints such as the length of the meeting, roughly when the meeting needs to take place, and where it needs to take place. The system checks against the individuals’ calendars and the central departmental calendar and presents Joe with a series of dates on which everyone is free all at the same time. Then the meeting is confirmed and written into people’s calendars. Some of Joe’s colleagues want to be asked before the calendar entry is made, so the system emails them automatically and asks that it be confirmed before it is written in.”
1. The user chooses the option to arrange a meeting.
2. The system prompts user for the attendees.
3. The user types in a list of names.
4. The system checks that the list is valid.
5. The system prompts the user for constraints.
6. The user types in meeting constraints.
7. The system searches the calendars for a date that satisfies the constraints.
8. The system displays a list of potential dates.
9. The user chooses one of the dates.
10. The system writes the meeting into the calendar.
11. The system emails all the meeting participants informing them of them appointment
Arrange a meeting given a list of participants
Some of these tasks break down further, e.g.: