Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
U nited A rab E mirates U niversity C ollege of E ngineering C ivil and E nvironmental E ngineering D epartment G raduation P roject I. D esign O f F oundation F or S pace F rame M ultipurpose H all I n A bu- D habi A rea. Prepared By: H aifa S aeed L aila S aeed
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
United Arab Emirates UniversityCollege of EngineeringCivil and Environmental Engineering DepartmentGraduation Project I
Design Of Foundation For Space Frame Multipurpose Hall In Abu-Dhabi Area
Dr. Saeed Harib.
Dr. Ashraf Biddah.
Prof. Abdullah Al-Shamsi.
Multipurpose Hall Structure:
- Design of foundation for the multipurpose hall (Gymnasium).
- The proposed structure's type for gymnasium is a combination of steel and concrete.
- The roof of gymnasium is space frame steel.
- The other structural elements are reinforced concrete.
All structure’s elements that lies on the earth such as slabs, beams, columns and roofs.
Foundation which transmit all loads of the superstructure to the suitable and strong soil layer and it should be:
- Located properly so as not to be adversely affected by outside influences.
- Safe from bearing capacity failure (collapse) and excessive settlement.
Founded near to the finished ground surface; where the founding depth (Df) is less than the width of the footing and less than 3m. It include footings, mat or raft foundation.
Long and slender structural members which transfer the load to deeper soil or rock of high bearing capacity avoiding shallow soil of low bearing capacity.
Load transmitting. Pile material. Effect on the soil
1.End bearing piles
3.Combination of friction and end bearing piles
3.Steel. 4.Composite piles
Effect on the soil.
End bearing piles
1.The character of the soil
2.The presence of the water at the site.
3.The magnitude of the imposed loads and the project characteristics
- Its progress is faster than other methods
- Disturbance of the soil is slight
Taking samples from the filed or site to determine soil types and in-place characteristics of soil .
Determine shear strength of a cohesive soil in an inexpensive manner.
1. Study the borehole log sheets & compare.
2. Calculate unit skin friction (f ) for depth 5 to 11m.
3. Calculate design bearing capacity based on skin friction
(Factor of Safety = 3.0).
4. Calculate ultimate bearing capacity of the soil at the tip of the pile (qtip).
5- Calculate design bearing capacity based on end bearing.
6. Calculate total bearing capacity.
Thanks for your attention