President George H. W. Bush (1924-Present). Period 5 AP U.S. History. Background/Family. Full Name: George Herbert Walker Bush He was born on June 12, 1924 in Milton, Massachusetts. His family moved to Greenwich, Connecticut shortly after his birth.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Period 5 AP U.S. History
- George Walker Bush (born 1946)
- Pauline Robinson Bush ("Robin", 1949–1953, died of leukemia)
- John Ellis "Jeb" Bush (born 1953)
- Neil Mallon Bush (born 1955)
- Marvin Pierce Bush (born 1956)
- Dorothy Bush Koch (born 1959)
- Episcopalian is defined as pertaining or adhering to the Episcopal Church in America
- George H.W. Bush, at his Inaugural Address.
- By having the Savings and Loan Industry fail Bush had to compromise with Congress to have a bailout program of S&L. Making cost payers more than $100 billion dollars, this added more difficulty in America’s economy.
resulted in his success in
many endeavors like foreign
and domestic policies and
as a president.
- Bush beat Dukakis in the electoral college by 426 to 111. Bush took 53.4% of popular votes.
- This is when Bush became the first vice president since Van Buren to win a president election.