Seminar on Hybrid Television (Brussels, 8 March 2012) EBU Principles for Internet Connected and Hybrid TV. Michael Wagner, EBU. Why EBU Principles. Broadcaster-driven HBB systems are promising... - they protect and enhance the value of broadcasting services
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
EBU Principles for Internet Connected and Hybrid TV
Michael Wagner, EBU
- they protect and enhance the value of broadcasting services
- they maintain a high level of consumer protection
- Samsung TV, Google TV, etc.
- limited influence of broadcasters
- EBU Members call for all systems to be designed in ways which respect the proposed basic Principles
- see the World Broadcasting Union discussion paper of January 2011
- adopted by the EBU Executive Board in April 2011
- not an industry Code of Conduct
- A common understanding among stakeholders should ease the introduction of hybrid systems
- Measures embedded in the design of hybrid systems - protection by design - are often more effective than ex post intervention
- Recognition that public interests (e.g. protection of minors) have to be respected
"Yahoo's Connected TV knows what you're watching and can display overlays based on it" (Source: CNET/Yahoo)