Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
WHAT JESUS REQUIRES . . . . YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS MUST EXCEED THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE PHARISEES. Matthew 5:20. “For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law ...”. “…you will certainly not enter the kingdom
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
MUST EXCEED THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE PHARISEES
“For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the
Pharisees and the teachers of the law...”
“The question is, 'How can mere mortals get right with God?' If we wanted to bring our case before him, what chance would we have? Not one in a thousand!”
IMPORTANT QUALIFYING TRUTHS:
1. Jesus never encouraged anyone, including the Pharisees, to not keep God’s law
“Anyone who breaks one
of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven”
(laws) is not
“Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”
The religious ruling elite who largely controlled the life of the Jewish people
They were zealous for God and His Law though having huge blind spots about both.
a wicked and adulterous generation
brood of vipers
a. It is an attitude
of arrogant self-righteousness
You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.”
d. It is critical,
everyone but oneself
e. It is far more
substance or the heart
Am I a Pharisee?
1. Am I quick at spotting and pointing out the errors in others but clueless about my own faults?
2. Can I “not worship” because of a certain music style, volume level, or preaching style?
3. Do I live a secret life? Am I really quite different from the shell of piety everyone else sees?
4. Do I continue to do things which have long-since lost their meaning in my life simply because I am afraid that to do otherwise would make me look bad?
5. Does my poor spiritual performance cause me to question how God thinks about me?
6. Am I more concerned about what people think than what God thinks? Do I fear man more than God?
7. Am I known by people for what I am against rather than for what I am for or Who I serve?
Regularly confess your phariseeism to God