19.3 Campaigning for Office. Planning and Running a Campaign. -Campaign Organization Campaign Manager Manages staff work Includes fundraisers, speechwriters, media advisers Also in charge of the “ advanced people” - Other Managers
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Good decision making is not all that is required:
-Good campaign team
-An incumbent has a good chance of winning
-But incumbents are not unbeatable.
-1/4 of past presidents have lost a re-election
(write down questions)
The # of electors from a state is = the # of members of the House of Representatives + the # of senators (2)
- some people think that the “winner take all” is unfair
- people have pointed out that candidates have had less than majority votes yet still won
- for example in 2000 Al Gore received 500000 more votes than George Bush
- yet Bush still won with 271 votes to Al Gores 267 votes
- but in most cases however the person who gets the majority of the popular votes also gets the electoral votes
- the drama of the 2000 election made many American political leaders question if the electoral college was worth keeping