UNHCR CODE OF CONDUCT REFRESHER COURSE SOK. KARIBU 22-23 AUGUST 2007. *SESSION ONE *. INTRODUCTIONS . Objectives –why are we here. Refresh our memories, deepen understanding of CoC (old and new S/M) Understand links between CoC and related docs.
22-23 AUGUST 2007
HOW DO WE INTERACT TODAY
(In a proverb or phrase)
1. Treat all refugees and other persons of concern fairly, and with respect and dignity. 4 PARAGRAPHS
2. Uphold the integrity of UNHCR, by ensuring that my personal and professional conduct is, and is seen to be, of the highest standard.
3. Perform my official duties and conduct my private affairs in a manner that avoids conflicts of interest, thereby preserving and enhancing public confidence in UNHCR.
4. Contribute to building a harmonious workplace based on team spirit, mutual respect and understanding.
5. Promote the safety, health and welfare of all UNHCR staff as a necessary condition for effective and consistent performance.
6. Safeguard and make responsible use of the information and resources to which I have access by reason of my employment with UNHCR.
7. Prevent, oppose, and combat all exploitation and abuse of refugees and other persons of concern.
8. Refrain from any involvement in criminal or unethical activities, activities that contravene human rights, or activities that compromise the image and interests of UNHCR.
9. Refrain from any form of harassment, discrimination, physical or verbal abuse, intimidation or favouritism in the workplace.
1-treat with respect,
7- zero tolerance to exploitation/abuse.
2- maintain highest standards
3- avoid conflict of interest
8- no illegal unethical behaviour
4-build harmonious workplace
8- no harassment, discrimination, abuse
5- individual and common responsibility
6- safeguard and use properly
Take one doc for 10 min in a group and assess:
Report back in brief
No. 3- consider selected commitments and values.
No. 4- identify areas of improvement in our performance and relations.
What does the code advises us
How relevant is the situation to BON