Employment Development Department. Joe Gaspar/Ron Jones Veterans Employment Services Specialist. Balboa Career Transition Center. Mission
Joe Gaspar/Ron Jones
Veterans Employment Services Specialist
- the mission of the Balboa Career Transition Center is to provide quality VA benefit information and claims intake assistance, vocational rehabilitative services, career guidance and employment assistance to wounded, injured, ills service members, their spouses, family members and care giver through partnership with the Department of Labor, Department of Veterans Affairs and the California Employment Development Department.
Joe Gaspar – EDD – Veterans Employments Services Specialist – (619) 532-8671
Jane Vasquez – VA Military Services Coordinator – (619) 532-5122
Jennifer Reichard – Vocational Rehab Counselor
Leah Levine – VA/DoD Liaison for Healthcare
Joe Moran – Assistant Director DOL, VETS
- USERRA: Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Right Act
- career assessment
- individual interview
- wages and benefits: hourly wages, average weekly hours, shifts, offering fringe benefits
- employers requirements: Education, training, providers, works experience, skills.
- Employment Trends: Supply and demand, turnover, size of employment, gender representation, older worker retirement, where the jobs are.
- Other info: such as career ladder/promotional opportunities.
- CALJOBS (California Job Opening Browse Systems) : Registration, job search, resume, automate your job search
- USAJOBS (Federal Jobs): Registration, job search and resume
- Chamber of Commerce Initiative for Wounded Warrior
Job Development Contact
- by connecting client to employer
Resume Writing and Interview skill Workshop
- twice a month on schedule basis
- private sector and federal resume
- one-on- one assistance
- limited information such as
1. Who should file – if job seeker is out work or hours are reduced and are ready to accept work
2. When to file – as soon as are unemployed or hours are reduced.
3. How much UI pays – mininum of $40 to a maximum of $450 a week up to 26 weeks depending on their past quarterly earning.
4. What you need to file – name, address, phone no. sss, employer name, address, phone no., reason you are no longer working.
- How to file – file on-line with www.edd.ca.gov/eapply-4ui. Telephone no. 1-800-300-5616.
- website: www.jobbankinfo.org
- is a personalized assistance network that seeks to ensure that wounded, injured and ill service members and their families who may not return to active duty, are trained and equipped for rewarding new careers.
- Program was launch on Oct 4, 2004 by DOL, along with Walter Commanding General, Major Gen Kenneth Farmer and Rear Admiral Adam Robinson at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
- Referrals to education and training program
- Direct connections to employers with job openings
- Workshop on resume development, job search methods, interviewing skills and more
- Career consultation services
- Job fairs and recruitment events
- Resource room with multimedia computers with internet access, fax machines, telephones and copier.
- Online resume posting.
- 3910 University Ave San Diego, CA 92105
phone: (619) 516-2200
- 924 East Main St El Cajon, CA 92021
phone: (619) 590-3900
- 4389 Imperial Ave San Diego, CA 92114
phone: (619) 266-4200
-1949 Avenida del Oro Oceanside, CA 92056
phone: (760) 631-6150
- 1111 Bay Blvd Ste E Chula Vista, CA
- 463 N. Midway Dr Escondido, CA