AIM: How does culture influence peoples’ lives?. Do now: Identify one thing that represents your culture. Example: American culture - baseball. HW – Pick five artifacts in your home, describe the item, and describe why it is important to your culture?. *NOTES*. WHAT IS CULTURE?????.
Related searches for
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Do now: Identify one thing that represents yourculture.
Example: American culture - baseball
HW – Pick five artifacts in your home, describe the item, and describe why it is important to your culture?
WHAT IS CULTURE?????
The unique way in which a group of people live
(2) Generally refers to the patterns of human activity
(3) "The total, generally organized way of life, including values, norms, institutions, and artifacts, that is passed on from generation to generation by learning alone"
Concept of self
Styles of dress
Concept of fairness
YOU CAN SEE
YOU CAN’T SEE
What elements of culture do we see in these images?
Whose culture is identified in these images? images???:
Cultural diffusion- the exchanging of ideas from one culture to another usually done through trade and warfare
Example: baseball in Japan
Cultural Assimilation- taking elements of one’s culture and making it your own (absorbing into a new culture)
SUMMARY: ANSWER #1-3 ON A SEPARATE SHEET OF PAPER. (TO BE COLLECTED!!!!!!!!!)
Everyone has a culture. It shapes how we see the world, ourselves, and others.
1. How does my culture shape me?
2. How does culture shape the way we see ourselves, others, and the world?
3. Why is it important to understand culture?
MATCH THE FOLLOWING. COLLECTED!!!!!!!!!)
1. Geographer a. studies the past by
examining artifacts and
2. Political Scientist b. studies the world’s
landscapes and climate
3. Archaeologist c. studies the operations
of different forms of
4. Economist d. studies the past by
examining primary and
e. studies how goods and
services are distributed in
6. Anthropologist f. studies culture and how
people interact with society