Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
EVALUATION OF THE CAUSES OF BLINDNESS AND IMPROVING THE FUNCTIONAL VISION IN CHILDREN IN SCHOOLS FOR BLIND IN PUNE . ALBERT TOUSIF ISRAFIL (M.Optom) PARIKSHEET GOGATE (MS, FRCS) VARSHA KULKARNI (M.S). AIM AND OBJECTIVE. Aim:
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
ALBERT TOUSIF ISRAFIL (M.Optom)
PARIKSHEET GOGATE (MS, FRCS)
VARSHA KULKARNI (M.S)
To evaluate the causes of blindness in children attending Schools for Blind in Pune and to record their improvement in functional vision with optical LVAs.
1. Causes of blindness among children in schools for blind in Pune.
2. Children in school for blind, who have Low Vision.
3. Improvement in visual acuity with optical LVAs.
1. Poona School & Home For Blind Boys, Koregaon Park.
2. Poona School & Home For Blind Girls, Kothrud.
3. Patashibai Lunkar Blind School, Panjarpur, Bhosari.
4. NFBM Jagriti School For Blind Girls, Alandi Devachi, Khed.
All the candidates attending Schools for Blind between the age of 5-20 years of both the genders.
1. Candidates absent from school.
2. Patients not willing to participate in study.
Materials:1.APPASWAMI AIA11 SLIT LAMP2. HEINE BETA 200 Ophthalmoscope (US Pat 4.963.014)3. HEINE BETA 200 Retinoscope (US Pat.5.859.687).4.UNIQUE Distance Visual Acuity Test Chart (logMAR chart) calibrated for 4 meters & reduced snellen chart for near. 5.Telescopes of 2.25x,3.5x from Unique Educational Equipments 6.Magnifiers of (i) 5x illuminated stand magnifier (ii) 7.5x illuminated stand magnifier (iii) 2.5x stand magnifier (iv) 7.5x stand magnifier (v) 1.75x bar magnifier (vi) 1.75x fresnel magnifier (vii) 10D, 15D hand held magnifiers (viii) spot magnifiers of 24D, 32D, and 40x from Unique Educational Equipments were used.
‘WHO/PBL Eye Examination Record For Children With Blindness And Low Vision’
Step 1: History taking of patient
Step 2: Visual Acuity Assessment
Step 3: Functional Vision Assessment:
Step 4: General Assessment
Step 5: Previous Eye Surgery
Step 6: Torch light, Slit lamp Examination and Ophthalmoscopy
Step 7: Refraction
Step 8: Low Vision Aid Assessment
Step 9: Action Needed
Step10: Full Diagnosis
Statistical Analysis: Microsoft Excel and SPSS software.
I. Gender Distribution and onset of visual loss:
Lens:Number of patient with cataract and PCO were 78 students
LVA for distance:
1.Data collected were from starting 5 years of age.
2.Children only of 4 schools were obtained.
3. Unavailability of telescopes from the manufacturers, made the examiner bound to use only two options (2.25x and 3.5x) for the distance LVA assessment.
4. Retinoscopy and ophthalmoscopy were done in undilated pupil.
5. Only optical LVA were used.