Business Analytics is the study of how this data can be converted into insights for building apt strategies.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Difference between R
Softmozer Business Consulting
There’s data e?er??here these da?s a?d ?usi?esses are tr?i?g to the ?est of their ability to develop
insights that will be useful. Business Analytics is the study of how this data can be converted into insights
for building apt strategies. The huge chunk of data available has to be sorted, classified, and analyzed to
make sense out of it. This calls for software which can handle alarge chunk of data efficiently.
Excel has a limited number of cells; hence it cannot handle a large amount of data, whereas R and SAS
offer a much better option for conducting statistical analytics. Considering the limitation of Excel, R, and
SAS are a preferred choice for business analytics. However, currently these are the leading software
used by business analytics professionals and it is a trending debate on which one is better.
Let’s e?plore the differe??es –
1. SAS is commercial software, so it requires afinancial investment.
2. You cannot share SAS generated files with another user who does not have SAS.
3. SAS is a system by SAS training Institute, hence updating is costly and occurs after periodic intervals.
Also, SAS cannot be customized.
4. SAS is preferred by established companies who have data security at utmost priority. Moreover, since
India is an outsourcing hub, many overseas clients prefer to have SAS.
5. SAS is ahighly preferred choice by big companies and is quite technically advanced & user-friendly. In
fa?t, to support stude?ts’ lear?i?g, the?’?e also ?ee? ?o?e up ?ith a lighter ?ersio? of SAS: a u?i?ersit?
edition which is free, especially for students and others who wish to learn SAS.
6. Despite being an industry leader, SAS is facing stiff competition from R and other market entrants,
due to which its market share is gradually reducing.
1. R is open source software, hence anyone can use it.
2. Since R can be used by anyone, it is much easier to use it to share files with another user.
3. Since R is a freeware, it is being continuously updated.
4. R is preferred to be used by many small companies and start-ups who wish to use analytics tools
without investing ahefty amount of money in them. In fact, many IT companies use both R and SAS by
harnessing the best of both the abilities. Considering the client requirement, they may use SAS,
however, they may prefer to use R for their internal use.
5. R is fast developing software; however, you need to keep upgrading it. To remain abreast the
changes, R-Studio has also launched interface which will have basic readymade tools.
6. R has witnessed exponential growth in the past 5 years with its rising popularity. That is why its
market share is growing rapidly.
Considering the basic differences in both the software, it can be said that both have their own set of
users. Well-established companies who prefer SAS due to data security issues, which implies that there
is a greater demand for SAS certified professionals. On the other hand, R is apt for those who need
analytics without burning holes in their pockets. Start-up boom has empowered all over India, and this
definitely calls for an increasing demand for R certified professionals. Currently, both have the potential
of growth in the market and are equally popular.
Like Us On Facebook
Follow Us On LinkedIn
Follow Us On Pinterest
Data Brio Academy 1st Floor,
135/L SP Mukherjee Road,
Near RashBehari Crossing, Kalighat,
Kolkata, West Bengal
PIN CODE: 700026