Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
San Diego Venture Group “Introducing the Always On generation”. Anthony B. Perkins Chairman & Editor-in-Chief June 26th, 2002. 10000.00. 8000.00. 6000.00. 4000.00. 2000.00. 0.00. What did we learn from the Internet Bubble?. 12000.00. $150 billion market cap. Yahoo. Nasdaq.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Anthony B. Perkins
Chairman & Editor-in-Chief
June 26th, 2002
“90% of the entrepreneurial, economic and investment opportunities associated with the Internet and the web are still ahead of us.”
- Red Herring’s Prediction
* 12 to 17 year old kids in the United States
Internet Surfers (global) 500 million 2 billion*
Cell phone users 1 billion 2 billion
Text messages sent (global) 360 billion 1.2 trillion
Broadband access (U.S.) 8 million 20 million
Households with Internet TV
(global) 12 million 200 million
Mobile services (global) $200 billion $800 billion
* One billion will come from new mobile users
ARPA & NSF Data to ‘96
U.S. Internet Traffic Growth
Projected at 4x / year
4x / year
2.8x / year
U.S. Internet Traffic
Source: Dr. Roberts et al., 2001 (Caspian Net)
“Bandwidth power is growing at least three times faster than computing power.”
- George Gilder
B2B Explosion Still Ahead:“IT will provide over 2 times the productivity in the next 10 years than it did in the last 10 years.” — Bill Gates
B2B commerce (global) $131 billion $3-6 trillion
IM users at Work (U.S.) 13.4 million 50 million
%/Sales spent on IT (U.S.) 3.5% 6%
IT as a % of GDP 20% 30%
Total $ of IT spending $100 billion $1.6 trillion
In the Past 3 Years
In the Next 3 Years
of U.S. businesses currently working on Wave 1 applications …
of U.S. businesses have moved on to Wave 2 applications …
of U.S. businesses have completed more than 50% of Wave 1 and 2 applications …
U.S. businesses’ adoption of network-enabled applications is the single most important factor on future productivity growth.
Accounting for ….
Real-Time Supply Chain Software
Real-Time Business Layer
- Steve Jobs
CEO, Apple Computer
1. Cost of being a web entrepreneur is at all-time low.2. The “Always On” Generation (12 to 19 year olds) will show us the way to new applications and services.3. This year the number of non-PC devices hooked to the web will exceed PCs hooked to the web.4. Consumers are increasingly downloading entertainment content over the web.
5. B2B transaction over the web is still exploding.
6. Networked enabled applications are continuing to drive productivity curves.7. All numbers associated with the web are still moving up and to the right - including the number of surfers, data traffic, and average bits sent per user.8. Great entrepreneurs are still the folks to bet on: Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, John Chambers, Scott McNealy, Michael Dell and Larry Ellison.9. The new networked world will increasingly present social and political challenges such as security and the rise of cyber-terrorism, creating new opportunities for entrepreneurs to solve.10. Red Herring has become the media source of choice for those participating in the business of innovation.