Parainfluenza Virus. Case Study # 2 Galarah D Golanbar Christopher Kwon Vanessa Munoz. Case study.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Case Study # 2
Galarah D Golanbar
1. 11.Concise Review for Primary-Care Physicians-Viral Croup: Current Diagnosis and Treatment by Julia Rosekranse, MD (http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/inside.asp?AID=3078&UID)
2. 12.Quest Diagnosis Laboratories test guide (2006).
3. 13. Fan J, Henrickson KJ: Rapid diagnosis of human parainfluenza virus type 1 infection by quantitative reverse transcription-pcr-enzyme hybridization assay. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 34:1914-1917, 1996.
4. 14. Gilbert LL, Dakhama A, Bone BM, et al: Diagnosis of viral respiratory tract infections in children by using a reverse transcription-pcr panel. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 34:140-143, 1996.
5. 15.Steele RW: Pneumonia in children: Current status of diagnosis and treatment. Journal of Respiratory Diseases 8:63-73, 1987.
6. 16.Sidwell RW, Huffman JH, Khare GP, et al: Broad-spectrum antiviral activity of virazole 1-b-d-ribofuranosyl-1,2,4-triazole-3-carcoxamide. Science 177:705-706, 1972.
7. 17.Steele RW: Antiviral agents for respiratory infections. Pediatric Infectious Diseases Journal 7:457-461, 1988.
8. 18. Cobian L, Houston S, Greene J, et al: Parainfluenza virus respiratory infection after heart transplantation: Successful treatment with ribavirin. CID 21:1040-1041, 1995.
9. 19.Gilbert B, Knight V: Biochemistry and clinical applications of ribavirin. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 30:201-205, 1986.
10. 20. Gelfand E: Ribavirin treatment of viral pneumonia in severe combined immunodeficiency. Lancet 1:732-733, 1983.
11. 21.Kairys SW, Olmstead EM, O'Connor GT: Steroid treatment of laryngotracheitis: A meta-analysis of the evidence from randomized trials. Pediatrics 83:683-693, 1989.
12. 22.Klassen TP, Feldman ME, Watters LK, et al: Nebulized budesonide for children with mild-to-moderate croup. N Engl J Med 331:285-289, 1994.