Complying with Medicare’s Conditions for Coverage: Preparing for a Survey. Minnesota ASC Association 2011. Dawn Q. McLane RN, MSA, CASC, CNOR RVP, Health Inventures. Are You Becoming a Boiled Frog?. Overview of Changes.
Preparing for a Survey
Minnesota ASC Association 2011
Dawn Q. McLane RN, MSA, CASC, CNOR
RVP, Health Inventures
Are You Becoming a Boiled Frog?
an ongoing, data-driven QAPI program
complexity of the organization
the project’s results
- Identify “Hot Buttons” YTD
- Assess Compliance Approach w/Attendees
- Implementation Strategies
ASC - 416.41(a) Contract Services:
“When services are provided through a contract with an outside resource, the ASC must assure that these services are provided in a safe and effective manner”.
Radiology: (also 482.26c)
ASC - 416.52(a) Admission and Pre-surgical Assessment:
Same Day Procedures:
ASC - 416.42(a) Anesthetic Risk and Evaluation:
*(ie, Opt-out states such as IA, KS, MN, NE)
ASC - 416.42(b) Administration of Anesthesia
- A qualified anesthesiologist.
- A physician qualified to administer anesthesia, a CRNA or an AA.
- Unless state exempted for non-physicians, the CRNA must be under the supervision of the operating physician; AA’s must be under the supervision of an anesthesiologist.
ASC - 416.52(c)(2) Discharge:
ASC - 416.52(c)(3) Discharge:
ASC - 416.48(a) Administration of Drugs
*(In accordance w/state, federal laws and nationally recognized expertise).
ASC – 416.48(a) Administration of Drugs