Independence. Definition : A group of people that gain freedom to rule themselves. (independence of a country). Synonyms (same as):. Vocabulary Word: Independence. Use it meaningfully in a Sentence :. Draw a picture of it:. Who “owned” it?. India. Vietnam.
Definition: A group of people that gain freedom to rule themselves. (independence of a country)
Synonyms (same as):
Use it meaningfully in a
Draw a picture of it:
What problems would we run into?
Please read page 611- 613 in your book and answer the following questions:
• It is not a method for cowards: it does resist.
– G. if cowardice is the only alternative to violence, it is better to fight.
• It does not seek to defeat or humiliate the opponent, but to win his friendship and
– Tactic: to awaken a sense of moral shame in the opponent. (moral jiu-jitsu, p.57)
• The attack is directed against forces of evil rather than against persons who happen
to be doing the evil
– Issue not – race or color, but injustice and evil.
• A willingness to accept suffering without retaliation, to accept blows from the
opponent without striking back.
– Suffering can save both the black and white from a paralysis of the spirit.
• It is based on the conviction that the universe is on the side of justice.
– Here comes our hope.
• It avoids not only external physical violence but also internal violence of the spirit.
– King will root his non-violence in love-force (G. was in “truth-force)