slide1 n.
Download
Skip this Video
Loading SlideShow in 5 Seconds..
NATIONAL CONFERENCE KHARIF - 2006 DIRECTORATE OF AGRICULTURE GOVERNMENT OF GOA VIDHYUT BHAWAN, 4 TH FLOOR, PANAJI GOA PowerPoint Presentation
Download Presentation
NATIONAL CONFERENCE KHARIF - 2006 DIRECTORATE OF AGRICULTURE GOVERNMENT OF GOA VIDHYUT BHAWAN, 4 TH FLOOR, PANAJI GOA

Loading in 2 Seconds...

play fullscreen
1 / 18

NATIONAL CONFERENCE KHARIF - 2006 DIRECTORATE OF AGRICULTURE GOVERNMENT OF GOA VIDHYUT BHAWAN, 4 TH FLOOR, PANAJI GOA - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 156 Views
  • Uploaded on

WELCOME. NATIONAL CONFERENCE KHARIF - 2006 DIRECTORATE OF AGRICULTURE GOVERNMENT OF GOA VIDHYUT BHAWAN, 4 TH FLOOR, PANAJI GOA 403001. INTRODUCTION . Agriculture is pursued by about 16.6% of the total population

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

NATIONAL CONFERENCE KHARIF - 2006 DIRECTORATE OF AGRICULTURE GOVERNMENT OF GOA VIDHYUT BHAWAN, 4 TH FLOOR, PANAJI GOA


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
slide1

WELCOME

NATIONAL CONFERENCE KHARIF - 2006

DIRECTORATE OF AGRICULTURE

GOVERNMENT OF GOA

VIDHYUT BHAWAN, 4TH FLOOR,

PANAJI GOA 403001

slide2

INTRODUCTION

  • Agriculture is pursued by about 16.6% of the total population
  • Total cropped area is about 1,71,455 ha. 40% area is under food grain crops remaining 60% area is under commercial/horticultural & vegetable crops
  • Main Food Grain crops are Paddy, Ragi, Pulses. Oil Palm, Groundnut and Sugarcane also grown
  • Main Horticultural crops are Cashew, Coconut, Mango, Arecanut, Spices, Vegetables, fruits like Banana, Pineapple, and flowers
slide10
IDWG, GB, MC, BTT & FAC’s formulated

Goa as one district.

FTC declared as SAMETI

SREP in progress

SEWP already submitted

Activities initiated with the help of Private – public partnership

AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY

MANAGEMENT AGENCY (ATMA)

slide11

ACHIEVEMENT UNDER NATIONAL HORTICULTURE MISSION DURING 2005-06

  • (up to January 2006)
  • Project Sanctioned .. 788.06 lakhs
  • Funds released during 2005-06 .. 315.20 lakhs
      • Cashew expansion area .. 386 ha
      • Cashew rejuvenation area .. 697 ha
      • Vegetable minikits .. 5000 Nos
      • Establishment of new garden .. 100 ha.
  • 63 Nurseries registered with production capacity of 12.00 lakhs
  • State Govt farms have production capacity 3.50 lakhs seedlings/grafts of Cashew, Mango, Cocum, Banana, Pineapple, Spices, etc
slide12

SEED POSITION

  • Present seed replacement rate of cereals – 17%
  • Projected seed replacement rate – 20%
  • Seed is procured from NSC, KRSC & KKV Dapoli
  • State Government gives 50% subsidy at source
  • During 2005-06, subsidy is given for 350 tonnes
slide13

NUTRIENT MANAGEMENT

  • Soil samples analyzed for NPK – 24,000 Nos
  • Samples analyzed for micronutrients – 500 Nos
  • Fertilizer sale points – 229 Nos
  • Promotion of organic farming in Horticulture crops with priority for cashew
slide14

IPM / MECHANIZATION

  • With assistance of GOI established Bio control Lab producing about 2500 nos of Tricograme chilonis (tricocards)
  • Bio control agents subsidized – 75%
  • Bio pesticides subsidized – 50%
  • Agriculture implements like power tiller and weed cutter are subsidized – 70% for Self Help Groups
slide15
Support Price to Sugarcane @ Rs. 100/ton

Support Price to Arecanut @ Rs. 15/kg.

Support price to Paddy @ Rs. 500/ton

Production linked incentives for Oil Palm growers @ Rs. 1000 to Rs. 2000 per ton

Crop Insurance Scheme

SUPPORT PRICE & CROP COMPENSATION

slide16
Repair and Maintenance of notified protective bunds

a) Repair of embankments - 50% assistance to

Tenant association/beneficiaries as per the

Agricultural Tenancy Act 1964

b) Re-modeling and protecting the bunds –

90% assistance to tenant association

Revitalizing of water bodies: Re-vitalizing ponds, tanks by the villagers through the NGOs/Self Help Groups with 100% financial support

Western Ghat Dev Programme in

Canacona, Sattari & Sanguem taluka

SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION

slide17

CROP DIVERSIFICATION

  • Ground nut, pulses and vegetables in rice fallow lands in Rabi
  • Upland Paddy area in Kharif converted into dry land horticulture crops like Cashew, Mango, etc.
  • High value floriculture in coastal belt where there is pressure on land
  • Promotion of Agro Eco tourism by adopting multi-storied cropping system in horticulture