ACCN. AMERICAN BOARD OF CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE. ABCM. Est. 1991. This Clinical Cardiovascular
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
AMERICAN BOARD OF CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE
This Clinical Cardiovascular
Nursing Essentials Course was designed to meet the Professional Development and Board Certification needs of your Cardiac Nurses and Nurse Practitioners working in PCU, Telemetry, Emergency Chest Pain Centers, Cardiovascular Critical Care, Cath Lab, CV Surgery, CV Recovery, Cardiac Rehab, and Private Practice Cardiology Offices and Clinics. If your hospital is seeking or needs to maintain Magnet Status, the Board Certification Exams offered by the American Board of Cardiovascular Medicine are approved by the ANCC for Magnet applications.
Baptist Health System is taking the lead in Montgomery, AL by Hosting a Clinical Cardiovascular Nursing Course and CVRN Board Certification Opportunity for Baptist Health Cardiac Nurses and Nurse Practitioners, and those throughout the region at other Hospitals and Clinics who wish to take part in this Professional Development event.
October 19-20, 2013
Presented by:American College of Cardiovascular Nurses &the American Board of Cardiovascular Medicine, and Baptist Health System
The ABCM has over 6,000 Board Certified Nurses Nationwide!
Debbie Johnson-Sasso, MHA, BSN,RN,
CCRN, CVRN-BC Level II, AECG-BC, CCRN.
Director of Cardiopulmonary Services,
Sky Ridge Medical Center, Lone Tree,
Colorado. Debbie (DJ) has worked as a
Critical Care Nurse with work experience in Coronary Care, Emergency Room and Intensive Care for the past thirty two years. Debbie is a National speaker for the ABCM, and has taught at many local and National Cardiology Conferences for some 25 plus years. She comes with a wealth of knowledge, a pleasing style, and loves to share her experience with fellow Cardiac Nurses.
7:00-7:55am Course & Exam Registration
8-9:20am - Hypertension DX/MGMT9:30-10:50am - Heart Failure DX/MGMT
11-12:00pm - Cardiomyopathy DX/MGMT12-1:00pm – Lunch
1-2:00pm - Bedside Assessment of CV Patient
2:10-:4:00pm - EKG Essentials including Pacemakers DX/MGMT
October 20, 2013 CVRN Essentials Course Outline:
7:30-7:55am Course & Exam Registration
8-10:00am - Interventional Cardiology DX/MGMT of Cardiac Pts.10:15-11:45am - Acute Coronary Syndromes DX/MGMT 2:00-5:00pm – CVRN Board Certification ExamsHow to Register for CVRN Essentials Course Outline:Baptist Health System Staff: - $75, all others $135Make Course registration fees payable to ABCM and mail the registration form along with your check or money order to: P.O. Box 3219, Spring Hill, FL 34611. Do not mail your Course Registration and fee after October 5, 2013, simply bring it to the meeting and send an RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat in the Course &/or Exam. Or, go online to www.accn.net to pay for your Exam and or/Course with your credit card.
Baptist Health Institute for Patient Safety and Medical Simulation, 855 East South Blvd, Montgomery, AL 36116
Contact Hours:This course is approved for 7.0 contact hours for day one and an additional 4.0 hours for day two, by Florida Board of Nursing provider number 50-14076.
AMERICAN BOARD OF CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE
Register for CVRN Board Certification Exam
Complete the Application below (answer all questions), & make Exam Registration fees payable to ABCM and mail to: ABCM, P.O. Box 3219, Spring Hill, FL 34611. Do not mail your Exam application and fee after October 5, 2013, simply bring it to the meeting, and send an RSVP to email@example.com to reserve your seat in the Exam. Or, go online to www.accn.net to pay for your Exam and or/Course with your credit card.
Exam Costs: CVRN I Exams: Baptist Health System Staff: $220, all others $270
CVRN I & II Combined: Baptist Health System Staff: $350, all others $430CVRN II only, Baptist Health System Staff: $130, all others $160 (pre-requisite is CVRN I; one may take both exams on the same day).Register for the CVRN Review Course & Exam
1. First name: ______________________Middle initial: _____ 2. Last name: _______________________ Degree: __________________3. Professional certifications held: __________________________ 4. q Male q Female Home address: ____________________________ 5. City: __________________ State:_________ Zip: ________
6. Home email:______________________________ 7. Work email: _____________________________ 8. Home phone: ______________________
9. Name of employer: _______________________________________
10. Phone number of employer: ______________________________11. What area of cardiology do you work in? _________________________ 12. How long have you worked in this area? _________________________
13. What other areas of cardiology do you have experience in?__________ 14. How many hours per week do you work in cardiology? ________15. Have you had formal training in cardiology? __________ 16. If so, what specialty degree or certification do you hold in cardiology? ___________________________________17. Does your hospital have an in-house training program for critical care and telemetry nurses? _______________18. Is your hospital a Magnet facility or are they seeking Magnet status? _____________19. q I will be attending the CVRN Review Course 10/19-20/13
20. q I will be sitting for my CVRN Board Certification Exams 10/20/13
21. q I am undecided about the Exams and will tell you on 10/20/13