Eschatology (Study of Last Things). Warren Henderson. Why Study Last Things?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Answer: The coming of the Lord is a source of comfort and hope!
Diagrams from Pre-Wrath Rapture by M. Rosenthal
Framework: Views the Abrahamic covenant as conditional in nature. Some aspects were fulfilled, but what the Jews failed to receive has transferred to the Church (Israel of today).
OT Scripture declaring a millennial reign of Christ:
Birth announcements declaring God intensions for Israel:
Definition: The term Preterist is the Latin word for “past.” Preterists believe that all the major events of Bible Prophecy have already occurred.
Consequently there is no future:
Rapture of the Church
Literal 7-year Tribulation
Conversion of Israel
Battle of Armageddon
Generally, moderate preterists have a postmillennial view, in which the church becomes the new “Israel” and must prepare the Kingdom on earth before Christ can return. Most preterists believe the following:
Biblical Support against:
Rev. 1:1 – Imminent return, not immediate return, of Christ was always expected by the disciples:
Biblical Support against:
The Date of the book of Revelation.
Was Nero the Antichrist?
Characteristics of Christ’s Kingdom (the Millennium):
Before Christ’s earthly reign can occur what must happen first (Rom. 11:7-15 & 11:23-25) and when does this occur (Joel 2:25-29; Zech. 12:8-10; Ezek. 36:17-36)?
Is the Great Tribulation only the first six seal judgments? Does the Day of the Lord only relate to God’s wrath in the trump and bowl judgments?
This view states that the Church will be taken up after the 7th trump of judgment during the middle of the Tribulation Period (i.e. before the population on earth experiences severe loss of life).
2. The Church shall be “kept from” (“ek”) the future hour of worldwide testing (Rev. 3:10).
3. Chronological order given in Revelation:
4. Saints wearing crowns in heaven (Rev. 4), so the fact that Christ’s reward for us is with Him at His coming (Rev. 22:12), must refer to a pre-tribulation coming.
7. Only 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 talk about resurrections of the living.
8. Know one knows the day or hour of Christ's return (Matt. 25:13).
9. Pre-trib rapture of Church & preservation of Israel in O.T. Types.
(1) Enoch and family raptured prior to Flood (God’s wrath on wicked).
(2) Levitical Feasts (4 spring and 3 fall), Lev. 23
Passover - pictures Christ on the cross (Lamb of God slain; 1 Cor. 5:7)
Unleavened bread - pictures Christ in the grave (unleaven bread had no life)
First fruits - pictures Christ's resurrection (1 Cor 15:20)
Pentecost - forming of church (Acts 2); bread offered but not burned
Church Age is the gap between spring and fall feasts (interval between Daniel's 69th and 70th week).
Trumpets - God gathers Jews back to Israel (Matt. 24:29-31)
Day of Atonement - Jews repent/receive Christ (Heb. 9:28, Zech. 12:10)
Tabernacles - release of Jews from Beast rule/start of Millennium
11. Post Trib vs Pre Trib appearances of Christ are different:
17. Christ’s exhortation to His disciples was to “Watch” (Matt. 24:42), “be ready” (Matt. 24:44). The Church was not to look for Antichrist or signs, but for Christ.
18. The Church is mentioned specifically over a hundred times in the New Testament and referred to many more times indirectly. It is noted that the “Church” is not mentioned from Revelation 3:22 until Revelation 22:16 and that the Tribulation Period is addressed from Revelation 6:1-19:21.