EPA’s Federal Facilities Restoration and Reuse Office. Natural Resource Damages (NRD) – James Woolford Director – Federal Facilities Restoration and Reuse Office/OSWER NGA – Federal Facilities Task Force June 21, 2005. What are Natural Resources?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Natural Resource Damages (NRD) –James WoolfordDirector – Federal Facilities Restoration andReuse Office/OSWERNGA – Federal Facilities Task ForceJune 21, 2005
- Sue in court to obtain compensation from PRPs
- Carry out actions and make claim vs. Trust Fund established by OPA
- Negotiate with PRPs
- Coordination required by CERCLA 104(b)(2) and 122(j)
- Policy recognizes Trustees have expertise about biological effects of hazardous substances and the location of sensitive species
- Policy encourages early coordination between EPA Regions and Trustees; participation encouraged throughout the process
Identifies 3 Goals:
- Providing Trustees with information needed to meet their legal obligations
- sharing information to protect HHE
- reducing time to settlement