RHYME and REASON. Why is rhyme an essential element of poetry?. Rhyme. Two words that differ only initial sound Three types of rhyme placement: End Rhyme Initial Rhyme Medial Rhyme. Placement of Rhyme. 1. End Rhyme â€“ xxxxxxxx fill/ xxxxxxxx spill
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Why is rhyme an essential element of poetry?
1. End Rhyme – xxxxxxxx fill/xxxxxxxx spill
2. initial Rhyme – We xxxxxxx/ see xxxxxxxx
3. Medial Rhyme
Internal Rhyme: xxxx thou xxxx cow
Close Rhyme: hug xxx lug xxx
Interlaced Rhyme: xxxx door xxxx/ xxxx floor xxxx
1. Perfect Rhyme – however many syllables rhyme , initial sound is different.
2. Identical Rhyme – rhyming words are identical
Rich rhyme – when the rhyming words are homonyms: bear/bare
3. Near Rhyme –approximate rhymes chosen for poetic effect.