Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Read for CLAT Application Form 2018, CLAT Eligibility Criteria, Important dates CLAT 2018, CLAT Admit Card 2018, CLAT Exam Syllabus 2018 and more.\n\nFor more details: http://www.clearlawentrance.com/p/clat.html
Law is considered one of the most promising and lucrative careers in our country today.
Although CLAT has come into existence from 2008 but from before that and till now more and
more people are planning to study law. The best part about law as a career option is that the
market demand and supply ratio is favorable and you'll not only get a job but be spoilt for
Career opportunity, Other than just Lawyer
● Law clerk- You are a law clerk when you are interning with a judge. The maximum
duration of this internship is one or two years and is considered an option of great
repute, opens up a plethora of other options for you since it looks brilliant on the
● Litigation- Whether you are working with a lawyer in the district court, HC or the
Supreme court the work is considered of great repute and your learning curve will be
very high. After an experience of 4-5 years you should be able to break away from the
senior and start your own practice
● Law firms- Find out what interests you. In corporate it could be project finance, capital
markets, mergers, arbitration, taxation and other subjects and in litigation it could be
family law, criminal law and others
● Corporate Houses- You can become an in house counsel for a big corporate house.
These groups might need you to know anything from taxation to environmental laws.
● Judicial services- You could sit for state wise judicial service exams and once you clear
you will be a judicial magistrate first class. Or you could gain litigation experience for a
decade then you qualify to become a HC judge. Anyone who has been a judge in the HC
for five years or a counsel in the SC for ten years can become a SC judge. It is always
good to have a high aim in life and hence law.
How to fill CLAT Application Form 2018
Candidates need to pay the full fee for the admission and all formalities related to admission
shall be completed. By first week of July 2018, the CLAT office will receive the status of
admission from participating NLUs and the process closes in second week of July 2018. Further
process After July 2018 if there arises a vacancy in any national law school it will be filled by
NLUs according to the rules agreed to by all NLUs. Life post admissions Below is a brief
introduction of all colleges which might give you an insight into what to expect post-admission.
The first step towards filling the CLAT Application form 2018 is making an online account on the
official portal. To make this account one will need a valid email ID and phone number only.
Secure the login details to your account as you will need to access the account regularly
throughout the admission process.
The other details that need to be furnished in the CLAT application form are
● Personal details - Name, email, phone number and address
● Your educational background- Marks or CGPA obtained in the qualifying grade XII exam
● The course which you are interested in taking up if in case you are selected
● Three test centers in the order of preference
The documents which you must keep ready to access while you fill the application form are
● Your passport or birth certificate
● Mark sheets of the high school
● Mark sheet of the qualifying exam
● The category certificate if applicable
● The disability certificate if applicable
● Special certificate applicable to those who are wards and dependents of freedom
fighters of Bihar and Kashmiri migrants
● NRI and NRI sponsored certificate if applicable
● Domicile certificate under state quota.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria
The NUALS Kochi will conduct CLAT 2018 on May 13, 2018. The CLAT 2018 notification has been
released on 20 December 2017. Students who want to pursue for LLB degree must be familiar
with the Eligibility Criteria of Law Entrance Exam. One of the most known Law Entrance Exam,
CLAT Entrance Exam is an all India entrance test for entrance into the UG and PG courses in 19
national law schools all over India.
● Anyone who has obtained 45% marks or above in their +2 exam can apply provided they
belong to the general category or OBC category or specially abled category.
● Anyone who has obtained 40% marks or more in their +2 exam can apply provided they
belong to the SC or ST category.
● Also, those students who are appearing for +2 exam in March/ April of the year of the
CLAT exam can apply.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria - Age requirement
The CLAT 2018 Notification doesn't mention any information about the age for Law aspirants.
Unlike last year, when the Bar Council of India (BCI) had introduced an age bar policy on Law
admissions and restricted candidates above 20 years of age to appear in CLAT Exam. But,
Supreme Court's stay order on BCI's age bar policy has given the NUALS freedom to exempt age
bar and allowed all the law aspirants to appear for CLAT irrespective of their age. So, there is no
age limit for CLAT Exam 2018.
CLAT Syllabus and Pattern 2018
The syllabus of CLAT mentions topics from different sections – English & Comprehension,
General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Elementary Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and Logical
CLAT Exam Pattern 2018
Marks and Question distribution of Written CLAT exam 2018 are given below:
General Knowledge& Current Affairs
News related science
News related technology
Sports, people, and places
CLAT 2018 Syllabus: Legal Aptitude
Study of law
Propositions and Facts
Legal Principal True and False
Knowledge of law
CLAT 2018 Syllabus: English
Sentence rearrangement or Para jumbles
Sentence Correction/ Error Finding
CLAT 2018 Syllabus: Logical reasoning
Logic links, Identify patterns
Rectify illogical arguments
CLAT 2018 Syllabus: Mathematics
Number system, Ratio
Decimals and fractions
Surds and indices
Average, HCF, LCM
Area and volumes
Profit and loss
Colleges under the CLAT
If you just appeared or appearing for the CLAT exam and are expecting a good rank then below
is a list of colleges in which you can seek admissions.
1. NLSIU Bangalore
2. NALSAR Hyderabad
3. NLIU Bhopal
4. NUJS Kolkata
5. NLU Jodhpur
6. HNLU Raipur
7. GNLU Gandhinagar
8. TNNLS Tiruchirappalli
9. DSNLU Vishakhapatnam
10. NUSRL Ranchi
11. NLUO Cuttack
12. NUALS Kochi
13. CNLU Patna
14. PMLNLU Lucknow
15. RGNUL Patiala
16. NLUJAA Guwahati
17. MNLU Mumbai
If after checking the CLAT answer key your score does not look promising then you can take
admission in one of the following colleges. You could also go to these colleges if you prefer one
of these particular colleges as against a NLU ranked lower on the scale. Other law schools
which accept CLAT scores
1. Nirma University
2. UPES college of Legal studies
3. SGT Gurgaon
4. IAMR Law College Ghaziabad
5. Altius Institute of Universal studies Indore
6. SRM University Tamil Nadu
7. NA Global Law school
8. Alliance University Bangalore
9. Manipal University
10. Raffles University Rajasthan
11. Galgotias University
12. Lloyd Law College Noida