Pastor/Teacher Jim Rickard. Grace Fellowship Church. Thursday, July 5, 2012. www.GraceDoctrine.org. Doxology Praise God, from whom all blessings flow; Praise Him, all creatures here below; Praise Him above, ye heavenly host; Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.—Amen.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
DoxologyPraise God, from whom all blessings flow;Praise Him, all creatures here below;Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.—Amen.
“I have made known.”Aorist, Active, Indic of GNORIZO, “To make known, disclose, point out, or explain.” “To become acquainted with or recognize.”
Consumative Aorist, Jesus has completed His assignment of making the Righteous Father’s Plan of Salvation known to a lost and dying world.
“I will make it known”Future, Active, Indic. Jesus will continue His ministry of manifesting the name of God the Father after His work is completed on the Cross.
This is the perpetual mission of Christ through the Spirit, John 16:12, 25; Mat 28:20, just as He had done during His 1st Advent, John 17:6.
“And I in them.” This refers to our Union with Jesus Christ, based on the love of the Righteous Father who sent His Son to pay for our sins.
John 17:26,“And I have made known (during His 1st Advent) Your name to them (believers for the Church Age) and I will make it known (post resurrection), with the result that the love, which love, You loved Me with may be in them (Church Age believers), and I in them.”
2. His commitment to continue that work after His Ascension, via His intercessions, leaving His Word (canon of scriptures), and the Holy Spirit’s ministry among them, John 16:7.
5. His desire for the Church Age believer’s union with Himself, which it has, which is the means by which the Father’s love comes to the believer.
Principles:1. Jesus prayed that the same love which exists within the Godhead would be extended from the Father to the believers of the Church Age, as in verse 23.
2. It is accomplished through the work of Christ’s redemption, beyond His purchase, to a realization of our own personal holiness which we receive at salvation.
6. Jesus was inseparable from the love He had just asked the Father to dwell in them. Therefore, whatever happens to believers happens to Him. Rom 8:37-39
7. The Father’s love for Christ is the same as The Father’s love for believers because Christ dwells “in them”, (believers of the Church Age).
Grace Fellowship ChurchThursday, July 5, 2012Tape # 12-076 Jesus’ Mission AccomplishedGreat High Priestly Prayer, Part 124John 17:26; 6; 16:7, 12, 25; Mat 28:20James H. Rickard Bible Ministries 2012