MIDTERM REVIEW GAME. START. Who was the first explorer who sailed for Portugal and proved that Africa could be rounded?. Diaz. Vespucci. Columbus. Balboa. 2. What explorer is given credit for the first circumnavigation of the world?. Magellan. Cabot. Vespucci. Drake.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Who was the first explorer who sailed for Portugal and proved that Africa could be rounded?
2. What explorer is given credit for the first circumnavigation of the world?
3. What is the geographic term that describes lines that measure points north and south of the equator?
5. Who was the real hero of the midnight ride that made it in time to warn Concord?
6. What was the name of the Aztec leader who died during the conquest of Hernando Cortes?
7. Which of the following battles was an American victory in the Revolutionary War?
8. What person listed below would most be associated with The Great Awakening?
Age of Reason
War of Roses
10. Who said…“Don’t shoot until you see the whites of their eyes” on the top of Bunker Hill?
11. What religious group would you associate with the phrase… “City Upon a Hill?
12. What tactic did the Son’s of Liberty use effectively to help get the Stamp Act repealed?
14. Which term listed below would most be associated with New Spain and slavery?
16. What member of the Son’s of Liberty transformed the Boston Incident into a Massacre?
17. Which colony listed below was known as the… “Holy Experiment”?
18. A small farm that provides a harvest for one family with a little left over to trade is called…
19. What was the name of the British general who took control of Boston’s government?
20. Which term listed below best describes a law maker in the colony of Virginia?
21. Which of the following men listed below would NOT be considered a conquistadore?
22. Which explorer listed below claimed North America for Great Britain?
23. What person defended the British soldiers of the Boston Massacre in court and won?
24. What person did Elizabeth I place in charge of colonizing North America for England?
25. Which of the following items would NOT be associated with the Puritans?
26. What woman listed below rode forty miles through a rainy night to warn Patriots of a British attack?
27. Which rebellion listed below was the result of conflicts between eastern and western settlers?
28. What term listed below describes a slave’s journey across the Atlantic to the New World?
29. What is another name for Patriots… Americans who supported Independence?
30. What was the name of the conquistadore that conquered the Inca Empire?
33. Most New England communities had a church, meeting house, and school centrally located called a…
34. What American Partisan leader was called the “Swamp Fox” because of his hit & run tactics?
35. What Catholic colony listed below would you associate with the Toleration Act?
36. What Spanish bishop became the 1st Indian rights activist by trying to get laws passed to protect them?
What is considered the first permanent English settlement in the New World?
38. What battle listed below was considered the turning point of the American Revolution?
39. What person listed below would you associate with the term “sea dog”?
40. Which of the following items would you NOT associate with the colony of Georgia?
41. What American listed below was able to capture Fort Ticonderoga with the Green Mountain Boys?
John Paul Jones
42. Which of the following items would NOT be associated with the Quakers?
Society of Friends
City Upon a Hill
44. Who was the first person to inherit the throne of England after the death of King Henry VIII?
45. Which item listed below would most be associated with the term… “Peculiar Institution”?
Join or Die
47. Which term listed below is often the reason why goods go on sale at the mall?
48. Which colony listed below would be considered a “Middle Colony”?
49. Which of the following crops would best be described as a cash crop in Colonial America?
50. What woman listed below was the first published black poet in America?
51. What person listed below would most be associated with the Catholic faith in Maryland?
52. The colonial frontier was always slowly shifting in which direction?
54. What factor had the greatest impact on colonial settlement patterns?
55. Which item listed below was considered America’s first “national event”?
56. What term describes a contract that exchanges work for several years for passage to the New World?
57. Who was the first explorer to see the Pacific Ocean, although he called it the South Sea?
58. What group listed below would NOT be considered part of Parliament?
House of Commons
House of Lords
King / Queen
House of Burgesses
59. What person shown below would be considered an American naval hero of the Revolutionary War?
John Paul Jones
60. What person known as “the navigator” was most responsible for starting sea exploration?
King Phillip II
61. What geographic term listed below describes a narrow water passage between two large areas of land?
62. What general listed below led the American Army in the southern campaign with success?
63. Which item listed below would NOT be considered a postwar problem of the French & Indian War?
65. For the United States to achieve favorable balance of trade, the economy has to have more…
66. Which of the following items listed below demonstrate democracy in action?
67. Most Americans during the colonial time period lived in areas that would best be described as…
68. Washington had a key victory when he crossed the Delaware and surprised Hessians celebrating Christmas at the Battle of…
70. What was the name of the French naval commander who held off the Royal Navy in the Battle of the Virginia Capes?
71. People living on the American frontier who were described as “Jack of All Trades” could best be associated with the term…
Age of Reason
72. Tar and pitch from the pine forests of the south, used in the ship building industry, are called…
73. What two countries took the lead and dominated early exploration efforts to reach Asia?
Spain & England
Italy & Spain
England & Italy
Spain & Portugal
74. Which colony listed below was known as the “Lost Colony” because it mysteriously disappeared?
75. What term would NOT be associated with Davy Butcher’s story in the movie Bound for Freedom?
76. Which religious group listed below would NOT be described as Separatists?
77. What colony type listed below would best describe the colony of Pennsylvania?
78. What explorer was the first to realize that Columbus had discovered an unknown continent?
79. What colonial leader listed below failed in Georgia with Asian crops?