National Broadband Map Update. Michael Byrne Geographic Information Officer. Outline. Quality Assessment. Data Integration. Produce BB Map. • The National Broadband Map is a program of the National Telecommunications Information Administration • Authority comes from ARRA and BDIA
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Geographic Information Officer
Produce BB Map
• The National Broadband Map is a program of the National Telecommunications Information Administration
• Authority comes from ARRA and BDIA
NTIA “shall create and maintain a National Broadband Map”
Map “shall be on-line and searchable and interactive”
• Grants to each state and territory for assembling and collecting the data
NTIA and FCC entered into a partnership to help produce the map
• NTIA awarded grants to each state; state mapping broadband availability;
Technology and speed available, by provider at the US Census Block level
Community Anchor Institution Data
• Collect data twice a year (April and October)
Map to be published on 2/17/2011
• What functions would you recommend employing in a mobile app?
• How do we truly define something ‘unique’ that significantly adds value to community?
• First dot gov API to unlock data at Census block level
• Wide-reaching benefit across government agencies
Announcing – FCC Census Block Search API